I agree with Diane on elder care. I also agree with Lan that right now with Mexicao, Cuba, Brazil and even Guatamala being a bit more advanced and less expensive for most medical needs. Belize would not be a destination. I am very experienced in home health, was trained to care for my late husband so he could come home, I took care of him for 7 years, he was a quad, he could not speak, or eat, fed thru stmach tube, breathed thru trech. about 2 yrs into that my mom came to live with me, she had alzhiemers. I also worked full time and had two young children, I did have home care as well. Our plan has always been to live here as long as we can and then sell everything and go back to the States when we were to old to ride bikes. We are in our sixties and my thoughts are changing on this. I often joke and say mabe we should stay, I could hire someone to help care for my husband alot cheaper here. As well as this is where I would rather be. I think the country should take an active look at home health care training. Then again when nurses at KHM are not even trained on how to transfer a person, (thats another story) I think alot of long timers here plan to leave at some point in old age, I think alot would like to stay if a plan was available, The nursing homes here are very sad so it would truly have to be home health care. That would be persons trained more than the education given to basic nurses get so its a dream but a good one.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.