from a friend....

If you were a Maya like me, you would understand how these sites are very sacred and what they mean to us. I want to thank all those (Maya or not Maya) who understand what this means to us. However, one company (A JAMAICAN COMPANY) CHUKKA CARIBBEAN had no respect for any of our Archeological site at Caves Branch and came into our country and started to deface our sacred site. This is a Platform build right above Cave #3 at Caves Branch. Before you could have sit on the sand bar looking at this breath taking scenery and now, a Big Rappelling Platform is built by this foreign company. My question is, WHO ON MOTHER EARTH GAVE THEM THE PERMISSION TO DEFACE OUR SECRED SITE. Bad enough thousands of Cruise Ship Passengers float through this cave every week. I am not fighting or anything, just that we the Mayas of Southern Belize took this as an insult. That is really sad about the Maya site being desecrated as it is. Hopefully that can be rectified in the favor of the Mayan people. That is truly a sacrilege and an insult to all the Mayas of Belize. This cave was used by the Mayas over a thousand years ago, mainly for sacrifices and religious ceremonies. We need to ask them to bring down this platform. Have some respect for the site.