Citizen journalist's camera allegedly triggered shooting

Terror spread quickly through the George Street Area on Tuesday when shots were fired after the discovery of the four bodies. While the PM and security forces say that they were warning shots, there is video that shows the contrary. A bottle was hurled at police and B.D.F., which triggered the gunfire at the angry crowd. Stepfather of murder victim Albert Fuentes, says that the residents were angered at the abuse he suffered at the hands of the officers just moments before. Marlon Yorke says that he pulled out his camera as he saw the officers approaching in the green pickup truck. They alighted the vehicle and pounced on him; hitting him several times while trying to confiscate his camera. Yorke says that this angered onlookers, who jeered at the officers before throwing the missile.

Marlon Yorke, Stepfather of Albert Fuentes

Marlon Yorke

"I'm coming back from the scene and people giving me my condolences and my family and friends giving me my condolences. The B.D.F. came flying up South Street and when I see them flying, I pulled out my camera and just started videotaping like I was doing down at the crime scene. They was telling me that I can't be doing that like everybody else out there. That's our right. But anyways, I pulled it out and before they even stop, you hear somebody saying put down the F*ing camera; give it to him. And as the truck stop, they just got out and rushed me. He rushed me, hit me like three times in my face-tried to throw me down on the ground-and all I'm doing is trying to stop them from getting my camera. That's when pints starting being thrown-leave him alone; he is not doing nothing. That's when the pints start being thrown and that's when the shooting started."

Duane Moody

"So this was what triggered the shooting?"

Marlon Yorke

"Yeah."

Duane Moody

"But why? Why target you?"

Marlon Yorke

"I don't know. It showed on the camera that it was straight on the people. The news footage showed it itself. And when I was watching it and they said that they were shooting warning shots in the air; you see some people shooting straight. They was shooting straight."�

Luckily no one was injured in the shooting.

Channel 5