Godwin Hulse comments on Esquivel resignations

Godwin Hulse

Last week Thursday, former two-time U.D.P. Prime Minister Manuel Esquivel and his wife Cathy Esquivel officially resigned from all government positions held. They did so in protest, in the wake of their daughter Laura Esquivel Frampton being forced to resign from her position as Director of the Belize Tourism Board after a well-orchestrated and high level coup. The resignations of the elder Esquivels is extremely significant, so much so that it rated a lengthy discussion in Cabinet on Tuesday. Today Cabinet Minister Godwin Hulse told us that while tempers may be flaring at this point, he believes that fences will be mended with time.

Godwin Hulse, Cabinet Minister

"The right honourable Dr. Manuel Esquivel from where is sit is a very senior official, a very esteemed official in this party. In fact one of the founding and foundation member, a two time Prime Minister, a very well respected man. He had been given the position as advisor to the Prime Minister and sits on several boards. Again the Prime Minister is the leader of the country, is the leader of the party sand in whatever happened with the B.T.B. and Mr. Esquivel's daughter which prompted Mr. Esquivel and Mrs. Esquivel to resign I can’t comment because I am only at this point able to say that I am sure that whatever has been done that prompted that I am sure will be mended. Mr. Esquivel is a dignified man, so is the Prime Minister and this party will hold together no matter what. This is not anything that will cause a fracture. I can appreciate however a response of course with your children, I would do the same. My pikney loose ih job, I would say it in Creole, my pikney loose ih job mi dad noh gwen up. But after the dust settles and I am calm I might say maybe I act differently in another set of circumstances."

Channel 5