Laura, Normal mail is not particularly dependable in Belize but maybe a mail forwarding service works. In my case I do almost nothing any more using snail mail. I've found that virtually everything that is done via mail can be done on line. It does take a while to free yourself from mail, I guess.

I told all my friends not to send cards and things like that. Some don't understand of course and it used to be not to unusual to get a Christmas card in May or June. Most mail is junk as far as I'm concerned. I bank on line(deposits and withdrawals; pay bills; pay taxes (real estate and other taxes; chat with friends and almost everything else. I've been doing this for so long that I see no need for normal mail but I will say if someone is coming down to visit me they would bring down some mail but it is very seldom something of any consequence. I can't remember needing something that I couldn't work around and my life is a little more complicated I think than most. I guess there have been a few times that I had a family member scan something and send it to me but not that often anymore.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize