Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#145617 10/16/02 11:48 PM
JmHanna Offline OP
OP Offline
I was her friend and I desperately miss her.
Jim

Jim
#145618 10/17/02 12:34 AM
Betsy, thanks. No doubt that Jacquie was Special.

Jim, she is still your friend. She took nothing of herself with her, all still remains in your heart and soul, and all around you even now, reach out and embrace her life in your grief. Celebrate the treasures she gave to all.

Listen quietly, hear what she would be saying to you right now, during your mourning for her.

Hope this is not disrespectful, but I would love to see a picture of Jacquie here. Just hoping our paths did cross on Ambergris.

Dare To Deviate
#145619 10/17/02 08:48 AM
Chloe, I'll get a picture...

i feel for you Jim, i lost my mama in 1976 and it was the worst day of my life. i still miss her so much.

...tears.....
peace

#145620 10/17/02 09:34 AM
Here's a picture, courtesy of Jim...

Clockwise---Ana,Charlene, Jaquie,Carol Thorpe, Trish Carter

[Linked Image]

#145621 10/17/02 09:37 PM
B
B
I also have some pictures of Jacquie, primarily during her visits up to northern New Mexico to visit me. I bet none of you ever saw her in long pants and in a snow storm! Chloe, your words of wisdom hit home. I ached not being there during the ceremony. Instead, I went out in the country here and it felt like she was with me marveling at the fall beauty. Bless you all who love her.

#145622 10/18/02 09:21 AM
Betsy you did the next best thing, since you could not be on the beach in San Pedro.
All of us live in different regions, so one must find the right spot to commune with nature and our loved ones. The great beauty and thoughts bring us together. I wanted to say silence, but I talk out loud, when on my lonely beach, and want to share it with my loved ones, here or passed.
We all know what is like, because we return to Belize often to commune with nature in it's finest. Nature is Spiritual.

Dare To Deviate
#145623 10/20/02 02:53 PM
Our sincere condolences to all...

(I had a mom like that too Jim. Even though it's not a blood thing, it's mom...
and it hurts just the same.)

#145624 10/22/02 07:33 AM
Here is an article about Jacquie that was in the San Pedro Sun....

[Linked Image]

In Memory of Jacquie Devine
This week San Pedro mourns the recent passing of their beloved “Miss Jacquie” Devine. Born on the 4th of June in North Adams, Massachusetts, Jacqueline Emily Devine lived to become a big part of many people's lives, not only in the United States but in Belize and Central America as well.
Jacquie was a loving mother of four children: daughters Karen Fairs and Sharon Sylvester, and sons Jimmy and Timmy Sylvester. Just this summer she happily celebrated her 70th birthday with her family, which also includes seven grandchildren, three great grandchildren, two sisters Jeanine and Rosalee, and one brother David.
After her own children were all grown, Jacquie became a “second mother” to many Central American students striving for an education in the Boston area. Two of the students who came to live in her home were from Belize, Mr. Roger Arthurs of Belize City and San Pedro's own Lisa Forman.
Following Lisa's departure, Jacquie decided to discover Belize for herself and found love at first visit. She returned to the US, arranged for early retirement from her job at Berkshire Gas Company and a year later she was back to stay. Being good-natured and quite amiable, not to mention an exceptional cook, Jacquie immediately made several good friends. She found her occupational niche in San Pedro, working for several resorts. The next several years were spent behind the front desks at a variety of resorts including the Playador Hotel, Captain Morgan's Retreat, Coconut's and lastly as the “Top Banana” at Banana's Beach Resort.
Jacquie Devine was a wonderful mother and grandma, a great pal, a superb cook and baker, but most of all she was a mentor to family, friends and all who knew her.
Last Thursday, Jacquie Devine's big old heart finally failed her, but it never failed any of us, who loved and cherished the time we had with her. May she rest in peace.

======
A memorial was held on Wednesday at BC's and over a hundred people showed up. Dennis Wolfe played music, there was a moving service, a couple of her staff members spoke and read a poem, and her Belizean son Roger read a memorial.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.