Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#220681 04/25/06 12:31 AM
J
jubilee Offline OP
OP Offline
J
last time I was in cc,the owner of herbal tribe was having problems with being allowed to have live bands. He said he was going to court over it. Does anyone know how this turned out. Is the band still playing?? Thanks.

#220682 04/25/06 09:30 AM
D
D
Don't hear any music coming from his place. You need a soundproof building-mostly meaning glass windows- to book bands in a residential neighborhood. They give you few breaks while you get it together. No progress- no more permit.

#220683 04/25/06 06:06 PM
C
C
If you are talking about the incident about 2 months ago when they came in and took his liquor etc. He did go to a hearing and was given back his liquor license, not sure about the actual booze, He had permission to have the drums til 8 pm but am not sure whats up with all that. Giovani is his name and he is doing well.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
#220684 04/26/06 01:06 AM
J
jubilee Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks for the info!

#220685 04/26/06 08:12 AM
L
L
I have loved hearing the drums and the art of it. And what touched my heart was how they teach many of the poorer kids on island this art and let them play. Giovoni worked with us on the health post projec where we put the roof on it and he put fence around it so the little kids would not fall off of the high area where they have to wait to see Nurse or DR. The older people on the island and mother and kids use to have to wait out there in the hot sun and then was hot inside. But I always worried about the kids falling also. He always has a Christmas party for the kids with free pop and treats. And has always been there if I ever needed anything when on the island with my teams. It is always a wonderful place to relax and eat and always in wonderful cultural taste with how it is run. I must say the Herbal Tribe and the I and I are my two favorite places because f the cultural atmosphere but also are both very relaxed atmosphere and not lould obnoxious people in either. Giovoni also has a wonderful educational video for Reggie music and the fish in the ocean and diving and snorkling. I hope all works out for him and the drums are back soon.

#220686 04/26/06 03:29 PM
C
C
Giovani is a good man seems those that complain about the drums are a bit envious of him. He will always donate what he can for raffles etc, those that complain will not. They do little for the community. The tourist are not bothered by the drums, they love it.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
#220687 04/26/06 04:00 PM
L
L
Cooper I agree 100 percent.
Dont get it if you are going to live on the island why not help the island and all work together. But that is the world I guess. And the drumms are such a culture and draw for tourist. If everything was like every where else no one would spend the money to come.. People love the real culture of the island and the people.

#220688 04/26/06 09:12 PM
L
L
I forgot to mention him starting the football team on Caye Caulker and all he does for that also. He seems to have a real heart for the kids and wants to start something for them with football.

#220689 04/27/06 08:39 AM
R
R
I was there last week. The drums were playing. The food was great. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

#220690 04/27/06 08:46 AM
L
L
YEA,
I will be going there with teams for mission work and it is one of there favorite night to go to Giovonis for pizza and eithnic drumming for one night. Happy to hear this. Actually will be flying in 5th of May..

#220691 04/29/06 03:09 PM
C
C
We still eat their often but have heard no drumming of late. Its a pity because the place was really jumping a few years ago, we sure enjoyed the authentic atmoshere and the drums then. It was our favorite.

#220692 04/29/06 06:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Well all I can say is that Him is a very nice person as well as his love to promote his culture.Pity some other culters don't. All I can say is jealousy well welcome to Caye Caulker. So much for " la Isla carinosa"? $$$$$ take and B.... finish it.

Cheers,

#220693 04/30/06 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yes this is the real caye caulker. people just love to welcome tourist and other people from the rest of the world and show them a nice time.

bue the rel caye caulker is like this a bunch of crabs in a bucket. one traying to get out and prosper and the rest pulling in his legs not to get out and stay in the same shit they are. this is cyae caulker people if some one propers some one is pissed oh i could have done that this but htey never do shit but critisized one another. example if guys trow garbage for a living to smoke what ever they want well that is thier live let them do what the [#%!] they want with it. there are some business poeple who own abusiness to snorth and it is bigger yet than beig crack heads. but in reality this is the real caye life every one critisized weather you do good or bad some one will be e3ating your ass for it. casued the island can';t prosper with locals hating each other but the white people can cuased they get along this is the thing.
any way the reality is like that.

#220694 04/30/06 03:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
"The difference between being smart and being wise is that smart people learn from their own mistakes, whereas wise people learn from the mistakes of others--namely, the wisest people learn from the smart people's mistakes."

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

Learn from the mistakes of others.
You can't live long enough to make them all for yourself.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

A wise man once said there are only 2 pains in life: The pain of discipline and the pain of regret. The discipline weighs ounces while the regret weights tons.

Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge is power.

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us.

and most important

SMALL TOWNS - SMALL MINDS = Caye Caulker

#220695 04/30/06 05:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
jealousy is a curse, some people cannot accept when someone is doing better than them, and they do anything to stop them. There are too many people with 'that big chip on their shoulder' until they get rid of that, then they be a better person.
...everyone is as bad as each other on the island - locals and gringos...backstabbing, back biting, bitching.. you name it, it goes on and on and on. People are nice to you when they can get something from you, but once they know there no more left to get then they don't want to know you.
Jealousy, greed, selfishness, arrogance, self importance, self pity and the many excuses and lies, ...a place will never succeed on these things, it will just destroy itself. Unfortunately this is all the next generation can see, and so it will continue....yes sad but true

#220696 04/30/06 05:13 PM
D
D
There is a real element behind all these posts.The folks who lived here before the coming of the gringos did not work together in many situations, even in the family .This limited the scope of most projects to one guy and his helper.
Many small matters divided the people. The Foreigners did not carry that kind of baggage so found success less elusive.The good folk of Caye Caulker did not fail to notice our harmony with all. We served them as messenger boys between petty rivals, giving us insight into this social disfunction.
It is still a fact of life today, but a much larger Belizan population has diluted the effect.

#220697 05/01/06 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
well the sad story is that they say you have land you have business and you just came here. well some one was silly enough to seel you and put you on that possision.

as you see caye cualker best businesses and most succesful ones are own by people who are from eigther central america americans european but not locals. there are few local own i mean native born caye people that have sucessful business but the rest they are nationalized or gringos as called by born caye people. and this is what bathers them up today.

good example. seaside cabanas great business sucesful and stuff. look at vegas over decades of owning the land and still no new ideas brough up and this is what pissed then off.step up to the game or be left behind and bictch all you want. they say yah the govern ment and bla bla but is not that is the government give them land and what they do hurry sell it to go and drink and paty. then what bitch about the business a non local or gringo build where they could have build. this is the real shit we life in caye reality. so if you sell don't bitch.

also sports i mean back them in the time sports in caye caulker was difrent when the veterans have the great team and still do helped alot. but no one helps no more only geovany but becaused he is doing better than them they want to say drugs and shit. becused they feel mean to help another local caye cakeno. example school founds wowo teachers have to burst their ass to raised this founds. why well simple the parents or caye caulker people don't [#%!] want to help. oh yah and they do make money they own businesses and they can't come up with a simple help of donating a little then dollars towards thier own generation. shame but true. they called a parents meeting at school who show up no one who cares what teachers are doing yah that is thier job government pays them for that. so no interest in thier young ones so who the hell will put the interest. no one but forighners or people who became nationalized. oh yah but they have money to go and party at ocean side split and bling but they don\'t have money to go and put down for thier kids. example in mainland when there is a event for school kids all parents are there. caye caulker all parents are parting or are too busy doing thier plans for weekend bash and nothing else. few of them put the effort yes there is credit for those but they are what half caye kakenos and half foriners wow amazing. yet they get mad and jealous geovany is doing something for school kids and caye caulker team. [#%!] with this people no one prosper but don't worry they have sold most of their land so soon they will be outnumbered and then all they can do is sit and watch and bitch. ha ha ha sad but true.

any way remember locals don't sell your land for nothing even if you starving and hungry. that is the song from a belizean who is got the belizean way up high. but not caye locals they do the opposite. i want to bling so i sell then rent for the rest of your life shit. it is true waith till the next half of caye cualker expands there will be more votes of foriners than locals sad but true. another san pedro exemp there will be more gringitos owning land. aight neough said.

#220698 05/01/06 08:25 PM
D
D
This is an insightful analysis worth a listen .

#220699 05/03/06 10:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
that is true very well said dane.

#220700 05/04/06 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
so if you geovany not from here well let see some one local step up to the game and see if they can spend and support the local football team and take it go play around the country. wow if they can bearly want to coperate with the school worst with a football team that thakes not hundreds but thousands ok. so u should support the matter and stop saying randon stupid things about a person who encourages young people into sports.

#220701 05/04/06 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
very true if he is doing something wrong with it why not just tell the man step off the game and i will take it from here. but what they want if off and not step up that is the thing with this local people don't step up to the game no matter what.

#220702 05/04/06 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
true thing why they don do something since they get so itchi about he doing something huh. casued they can't handle the game in business and in sport period.

#220703 05/05/06 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
it is a great place to have a nice decen meal and great live music with drums and good time with the real local people not initches blood succers. ok. that is the place to meet some people up and have a nice talk and have a good time. go herbal tribe and have a cold beer and have a decent meal with a great live band. period. and some jealous people can't handle competition like roggie and his wife wow of bare food caribe shit they can't handle it cuased of them he got his license lost fro a month caused they can't do nothing to promote business and they think just do a hotle and bar and people will come no [#%!] way. u got to ahve something that brings people in besides the bad odor under the bar of barefoot and the water that smells bad of the hotel. tha is what they can;t handle.

#220704 05/09/06 02:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yah the place is really nice good food and great times i do recomended to go and have a good old time and watch someting new apening everytime. great place.

#220705 05/09/06 09:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yah we where there last week now we are back home and let me tell you nice place very interesting people and very fair price food and great local crew.
do recomend herbal tribe and go there have a blast.

#220706 05/09/06 09:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
nice quiet ambience and really good food at a great price. go and stop by and chilled with the good rum puch they got.

#220707 05/10/06 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
great idea big screen good drumming and nice place rigth infront of the sea wow good view, and good music lay back what else can a tourist ask for perfect recomend this place to you all visiting caye caulker who just want to chill.

#220708 06/09/06 09:44 PM
M
M
Any live music at Herbal Tribe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,475
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day