Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23231 06/23/00 03:24 PM
K
Kathie Offline OP
OP Offline
K
We will be visiting your beautiful island in July and I was wondering if anyone can give me information on the Sunbreeze hotel and the dive operators (Aqua Dives). Also, what can we expect for weather?, kayaking? Is wind-surfing a possiblity in July? If this message board is any indication of the people of Belize, then I know we are going to encounter some very friendly people!
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Kathie (edited 06-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kathie (edited 06-23-2000).]

#23232 06/23/00 03:54 PM
Kathie, I just stayed at Sunbreeze Beach Hotel it had everything we needed, and the location was great. Check my posting on this board of Snorkel DO IT. Aqua Dives at the Sunbreeze, guide Enrique was great with me, being a poor swimmer. You will enjoy and the weather is near perfect all the time.

Dare To Deviate
#23233 06/23/00 03:57 PM
Sunbreeze is a pretty nice place to stay. They have a fresh water pool which is a plus. The restaurant is nice but a little pricey for me. you can visit their website at: http://www.sunbreeze.net/
We are in our rainy season right now.....but most days are clear. We don't get as much rain on the island as some of the mainland areas. We have night time and early morning showers....but it usually clears up during the day. There is almost always a breeze here (with the exception of the last 3 days....LOL) so I would say your chances of windsurfing are very good. There is a place to rent the boards in front of the Holiday Hotel on the beach, just a few doors north of where the Sunbreeze is. I can't give you an honest answer on the dive outfit, never used them, but most dive shops here have a pretty good reputation for having a good time and Aqua Dives does have some of the nicest boats I've ever seen. Good luck on your trip and we look forward to seeing you!

#23234 06/23/00 04:44 PM
S
S
We stayed at the SunBreeze in April, and found it quite nice; the best thing about it is its location. The rooms are large and clean, and the pool is great. I do wish that each room had a private veranda (like at the Mayan Princess), but you can't have everything! We took one snorkling trip with Aqua Dives and the boat's engine died about three quarters of the way to Hol Chan. We were towed into the park by a ranger, and our guide arranged for us to join another tour in progress for the next stop at Shark/Ray Alley. Enjoy!

#23235 06/23/00 06:23 PM
Aqua Dives does have really nice big boats, but one does have to put fuel in them. LOL
The restaurant Caruso, we only had breakfast there, because it was included in our package. We found too many other good restaurants for lunch and dinner, and the beach BBQ's are good and lots of fun too.
We do not dive, unforunately, therefore no opinion, but lots of other guest were diving and I did not hear anything negative talk. I will return to the Sunbreeze, it had all I need.

Dare To Deviate
#23236 06/24/00 01:43 PM
M
M
Must say that I agree with all about Sunbreeze. Great location, nice rooms, pool, etc... Stayed there a few years back when I was backpacking for a month and a night there was rejuvenating. Enjoy.

#23237 06/27/00 10:32 PM
H
H
We stayed at the Sunbreeze early June. Was very nice for us as we were not expecting alot. If you just need simple, it was perfect. The location was wonderful also. I agree that the food was very expensive. We did try the bar a few times, great drinks, also a little pricey. We did have two slight problems which were worked out but just a word of warning for you. As we checked in, they immediatly ask for an inprint of your credit card so you can charge everything at the bar and restraunt to your room. We are cautious about doing this but decided that if they insist, then o.k. Then they insisted that we go ahead and sign it! I put my foot down then. After several minutes of us refusing, they gave us the inprint back. The only other problem is that they didn't go through with a wake up call one morning. Luckily we woke up early. Could have missed a scheduled trip to the mainland. So bring an alarm!

Otherwise - it was a nice place. Enjoy!

#23238 06/28/00 08:18 AM
I have found most resorts US or Belize want the imprint of your credit card, if they have restaurants and bars. This common.
The Sunbreeze returned that imprint to me when we checked out, because we did not charge anything. They also have you sign out for the remote control for the TV and for the beach towels, I can understand that too. We would return our beach towels to the front desk, when they were wet, and get a nice clean dry one. Also you can rent coffee makers, and small refrigerators from the front desk. They do lock up their ice machine, and you have to call the front desk for someone with the key, but you adjust to that after the first day.

Dare To Deviate

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.