Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39
I think Villas @Del Rio and Reef Village are corporate shares (co-op) not strata titles. I could be wrong but it wouldn't take too many $$ to retain an attorney to check into this for you. [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

The ins and outs of types of ownership are all safe, it is just a matter of knowing what you bought and what type of ownership documents you should expect to lock away in the safe.

And this is Belize. Processing of titles can be a slow process. But you won't get your title if you don't follow the correct procedures.

Deja Vu?

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
We bought the first condo sold at Reef village, and are buying a villa as well. We have been impressed with everything so far. Reef Village has strata titles, not co-op, although ownership involves HOA issues, as well as a management company.
We are going to be leaving Friday Morning to SP, and will take a lot of pictures, so if anyone would like an update, let me know.
I have to say, we had the "gringo in Belize" feelings initially, but Jeff has done everything he said he would, and more, so we are more than happy with our investments so far. And, we have the nicest neighbors in the area.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Hi Neighbor - Sun & Sand
Come by and see me.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
For sure, Harriette, we will get with you while we are there next week. I'm looking forward to it.
No,we are hoping to get the title stuff finished this week. There was a hold up, but I understand it's been ironed out...had to transfer title twice to get to where we could get our title. So hopefully we can get it all taken care of soon.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
Originally Posted by Amanda Syme
I think Villas @Del Rio and Reef Village are corporate shares (co-op) not strata titles. I could be wrong but it wouldn't take too many $$ to retain an attorney to check into this for you. [email protected] ; [email protected] ; [email protected]

The ins and outs of types of ownership are all safe, it is just a matter of knowing what you bought and what type of ownership documents you should expect to lock away in the safe.
Amanda, just curious, but I didn't see anywhere in this thread where someone questioned the ownership structure of Villas del Rio or Reef Village. Did I miss something? FYI, Bermuda Landing is also held via corporate shares (co-op). Have a nice day!

And this is Belize. Processing of titles can be a slow process. But you won't get your title if you don't follow the correct procedures.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
blush Sorry but I screwed up my last post. It got mingled with Amanda's..............should have been:

Amanda, just curious, but I didn't see anywhere in this thread where someone questioned the ownership structure of Villas del Rio or Reef Village. Did I miss something? FYI, Bermuda Landing is also held via corporate shares (co-op). Have a nice day!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
You missed the question on another similar thread. Since this one was heading in the same direction I simply posted the message on both threads instead of merging them together. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

I was under the impression that everything "north of the bridge" was corporate shares only - not strata title.

At least that's what the several condo projects and real estate people told me....something about a law passed years ago?

Can anybody help with further info?

Flip Flop
And who was trying to sell you what?
Have you seen all the private homes north of the cut? We certainly have title to our homes there.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 2 of 39 1 2 3 4 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.