Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 370 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 369 370
As the original comment seems to have been pulled - I'm deleting mine as well. Suffice it to say I still find the original comments offensive.

My mistake - the original comment was not pulled -

Last edited by Leah-Ann; 10/19/07 09:56 PM. Reason: mistake

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
Hon Offline
pugwash, please allow me to apologise to you and to everyone reading this thread. I had no way to know that you felt such intense antagonism towards the French or that my comments would bring this type of vitriol to the board. I'm so sorry.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Wow

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
Hon #253531 10/19/07 05:45 PM
Hon, we know where you're coming from - you've a great sense of humor and we get it. You're not responsible for what anyone else says! No worries!!!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
I think its time to back up a minute, and make sure thing stay in perspective.
There was a (n inaccurate) post regarding "the middle figure", which I responded to, and suggested that the English archers may not have had warm feeling towards the French who they had been at war with for 100 years, although to many Englishmen and women, the count would now be941 years (*since 1066).

I should not have used the word "hated" as it tends to be taken literally, and for that I apologize: perhaps I should have instead mentioned my distain for the Nation as a whole and the annoyance I tend to feel when confronted by French politics, although there have been improvements recently.

Hon responded by saying none of her family were mincing little sops�..good information, but irrelevant, as the sop in question was English

Leah Ann then suggested that generalizations were bad, but that blatant untruths about individuals were just fine: I couldn't disagree more. To start or perpetuate an untruth about an individual is a calculated action that shows malice (French word!), which I find to be a very disturbing character flaw. To truthfully point out tendencies or characteristics in any group of people should not be condemned, at least until the though police become a reality

Hon then shared her ancestry, and the stereotypes that are attached to each group: my response was obviously sarcasm and not vitriol, and I really don't know how to explain that to someone who does not get it. I have sent her a PM in the hopes of clearing the air

There now seems to be a big "Group Hug" going on, and I'm the bad guy�.lets not forget it was my ancestors whose figures Hon's relatives tried to cut off !!

Can we get back to jokes now? In lower case!!

Last edited by pugwash; 10/19/07 11:19 PM. Reason: math error!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Originally Posted by pugwash
the count would now be 1041 years (*since 1066)

Not too hot on arithmetic, are we?

#253561 10/19/07 11:20 PM
duhh!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......

A man and a woman who had never met before, but were both married to

other people, found themselves assigned to the same
sleeping room on a transcontinental train. Though initially

embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very

tired and fell asleep quickly...him in the upper bunk and she

in the lower. At 1:00 AM, the man leaned over and gently woke

the woman saying, "Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you

be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket?

I'm awfully cold."

I have a better idea," she replied." Just for tonight, let's

just pretend that we're married."

"Wow! That's a great idea!" he exclaimed!

"Good," she replied... "Get your own *%#$^&*
blanket."

After a stunned moment of silence, he farted.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love Truly, Laugh uncontrollably.
Chacha, you are the ultimate master. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Hon Offline
A cowboy in Texas gets pulled over by a State Trooper for speeding. The trooper started to lecture the cowboy about his speeding, and in general began to throw his weight around to try to make the cowboy feel uncomfortable.

Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket. As he was doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his head.

The cowboy says, "Y'all havin' some problem with circle flies?" The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said, "Well yeah, if that's what they're called. But I never heard of circle flies."

"Well, sir," the cowboy replies, "circle flies hang around ranches. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found circling around the back end of a horse."

The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. But, a moment later he stops and says sternly, "Son, are you callin' me a horse's hind end?"

"No, sir," the cowboy replies, "I have too much respect for law enforcement to call y'all a horse's back end."

"That's a good thing," the trooper says and goes back to writing the ticket.

After a long pause, the cowboy says, "Hard to fool them flies though."

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Page 25 of 370 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 369 370

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.