Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270157 03/04/08 09:37 AM
OP Offline
Hi all

We are finally in Chetumal and Henry is picking us up at noon to take us across the border to Corozal. Our problem is: We forgot when we were packing to come down that the little planes won't take the luggage that the big planes take. We have 4 large suitcases (two are overweight) and 4 carry ons. Any suggestions?

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
We didn't have any problems with Tropic when we had lots of overweight luggage. We had 4 people, 8 suitcases/large duffle bags (at least 2 were overweight) and 4 carry ons. The only thing the Tropic guys had me do was remove a pan from one of the bags and carry it on my lap because it was oddly-shaped and the handle was sticking out, making loading the other bags harder. Good luck. Keep us posted.

cakelee #270168 03/04/08 10:12 AM
OP Offline
Thanks cakelee

We have decided to repack, so we can get away with a suitcase for a day or two, if we can't take it all with us. With any luck, Tropic will be kind to us and if not, maybe Henry can help us with temporary storage. We will find out when we get there.

Sharyn

Times are changing. Starting in may,my airline will start what others have already done and start charging for the 2nd checked bag.

I can travel for weeks with just carry-on in the US..always a wal mart near... two weeks on the cayes a bit different..

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
S
S
Wow....that is a lot of luggage for CC!! My hubby and I only take a week's worth of clothes for a 2-3 week stay. There are a couple of laundromats on the island that you can use, and nobody really cares what you wear anyway....the more comfy the better. We could get by easily with 1 carryon and 1 suitcase if we didn't take dive gear or gifts for our friends. Like my grandfather said "When you go on vacation lay out all of your clothes and money on the bed, then take half the clothes and twice the money". : )

skubakat #270270 03/04/08 07:51 PM
C
C
I have never had a problem with Tropic taking my overweight luggage..and I have been known to bring in 500lbs plus...art supplies..matts etc. my bags have never been oversized just over weight. Although I always say its fine if they go standby, they have always put them on the plane at no charge..which is good because the major airlines charge enough. I have flown tropic about 10 times with very overweight luggage. I did have a problem on Maya and the bag was not even overweight we were just going to Placencia from Caye Caulker and they did not have room.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
We have also travelled by both small airlines in Belize and we were packin heavy. We flew from CC to Placencia and we were in Belize for a month so we had lots of stuff. Diving gear and of course everything my wife could buy!!! We were overweight and had to pay extra. It wasn't that much that I can remember.

Split Canadian
Randy #270574 03/06/08 11:37 AM
OP Offline
Hello all

Thanks for all the information. We are here on Caye Caulker with all our worldly possessions. Henry's service was awesome and he managed to get us booked through on Maya Air. We were the only passengers booked on the flights to San Pedro and then Caye Caulker so our luggage was no problem. We thought going from a 1 bedroom condo to 4 large cases and 4 carry on was doing pretty good. Glad to be here, feels great to be home.....

Sharyn and Bob

WELCOME to your new home.

Amanda Syme #270896 03/08/08 01:24 PM
OP Offline
Thanks Amanda, feels great to be here...

Sharyn and Bob

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day