Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
Anyone remember The "Arturo" drama?
He is 11 now.

Weile,

I am unsure who told you that you can't check pets with American anymore. I have Karmin already booked for the flights I booked on sale for $133 with American last night. I then emailed AA Live Animal to verify and received this reply already tonight. Same requirements as the past four years too.

RE: Shipping Dog
Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:08 PM
"Cargo, LiveAnimals" <[email protected]>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"[email protected]"
Cc:
"Cargo, LiveAnimals" <[email protected]>

Good Day,

Thank you for your interest in shipping with AA Cargo. We are still shipping animals as "checked pets" on passenger tickets within 100 lb weight limits (dogs and cats only). We also ship almost 14,000 animals or all types every year unattended as cargo. Some narrow body aircraft are restricted on kennel dimensions.

The passenger web site is www.AA.com. Click on site map and you will see "Traveling With Pets" in about the middle of the page.

For cargo:

Please fill out the required information on the Pet Shipping Request Form at the following link:

https://www.aacargo.com/forms/animal_request.jhtml

We will process your request within one business day and e-mail the information back to you.

Live animal shipping requirements are available at https://www.aacargo.com/shipping/animals.jhtml

Best Regards,

AA Cargo Pet Specialty Desk

Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 09:42 PM
To: Cargo, LiveAnimals
Subject: RE: Shipping

Please let me know if I am booked on an American Air flight if I may send my pet via cargo. I had heard you no longer allow pets to be checked, is this true?
Keli

Weile, since you don't want to pay the $689 on Continental for your dogs why aren't you just flying American since you can? They charge $100 flat per dog. I think your problem should be solved by now being that that is plenty reasonable to pay $100 for an animal,

Best of luck. Remember, can't check pets below 40 degrees at any given point of travel or above 85 degrees. (unless you have a certain breed of dog with writen approval from vet to fly below 40 degress...but they too charge around $50 for this vet approval)

C
C
My personal experience with the "animal desk" in Belize City is that you need to ask the US-based center first for whatever airline you are flying, then relay this info to the Belize personnel, who eventually will begrudgingly admit that you are right after many weeks of "I'll need to check on that" lol. You will get the correct information from the beginning. Your dogs don't need to fly cargo on Continental because they are small enough (hence the kennels) to fly out as checked pets. You'll be all right, though I understand the stress!

Last edited by Canam; 10/26/08 05:17 AM.
Ebbe,

If its more cost effective to get them to Dallas via American Airlines, but then extra to forward to Houston, let me know, I may be able to help out.

Where do they need to end up?

E Mail me, I cant find your address?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
I just this Fri. inquired with AA, and Continental about flying to Belize with my dog (Rico) and was told by AA that if the temp. outside is over 85 or under 45 than they will not allow your dog to fly and it is up to you to get him back home. Also if you don't have a direct flight they can take the dog off at the lay-over if the temp. don't meet their requirements.I don't know what you would do then but the cost is $100.00. Then I proceeded to call Continental and ask them what their policy about flying with a dog is they have no temp. requirements but you can't just book a flight for them it has to be with in three days of the flight,and if the flight is 85% booked they will not put your dog on the flight for the dogs safety. Which I was told that the chance is very likely that it will be booked to 85% or greater capacity due to the increase of people flying to Central America. The price I was quoted one way for a 35 pound dog was $569.00 I am flying from NYC in late Dec. or early Jan. So I am left with no choice but to go with Continental. do to the temp factor. I was told that I can put him on Continental,and fly AA to save some money but the airlines don't make it easy that is for sure.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
The 85% thing with Continental they always say but when you get to the airport they always allow the dog on as long as you have booked them three days in advance. I've flown fully packed planes and still checked my dog.

thanks that is good to know I was really freaking out about not being able to get my little boy down there with me. I also check about the temp. issue and you can get a vet to sign a paper stating that the the dog can sustain temps lower than 45 degrees but not less than 20. there is no way around the the 85 degree limit,which I wouldn't do anyway. thanks again for clearing that up for me.

love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money,dance like no one is watching
Well my papers from my vet say 20 degrees-90 degrees.

Weile: I hope the dogs apprechiate what your doing for them...they should be doing backflips for you. Sorry to hear you will be leaving Ambergris although me thinks your ready for the next adventure. Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,206
Posts500,038
Members20,480
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.