Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
This is rather hard to believe. They don't make stupid people oral surgeons.

What is the "painkiller"? Type it exactly as the label reads. Could be a clue.

In any event, no oral surgery should require major pain relievers for longer than 3 days in most cases. Unless it's a darn poor oral surgeon who worked on you.

I hope that someday we can put aside our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
L
L
In 28 yrs. never had a problem with bringing my meds thru international. As Jean H. said, keep them in the original containers and no issue. Did have them question tylenol coming thru Chetumal a few years ago, but that was very unsual.

R.B. Mernitz
P
P
I've never had a problem bringing them in, but I was charged duty once at the land border near Corozal. About US$80 on meds which cost me nothing (from Britain) but which here might cost US$1000.

L
L
Corazol gets much more up tight about prescriptions and just about anything else. Have checked the prices on many drugs in Merida and Chetumal and found most of them can be obtained at Brodies for the same price. Just not worth the hassel.

R.B. Mernitz
Skippy is bang on. There is likely a narcotic involved. I had my wisdom teeth out in my mid 30s and needed Tylenol #3 with codeine the day of surgery after the freezing wore off and that was all. Everybody is different, but if you are okay to travel then just deal with the discomfort without the meds. Rinse well with Belikin.

Moose Keep an open mind and something good may fall in.
Bernie,
It's all good, bring in your med's. I checked with customs for you... You should have no problem. Plus I will have your favorite remedy waiting at Island Perk, a cold Belikin for you and Gordie, plus a strawberry soda for Cal.
Can't wait to see you guys!!
Coleen

Coleen

Beach bum, butterfly stalker, native plant enthusiast.
I've been hauling prescriptions down to BZ for as long as I can remember (5 times this year alone). No one has ever even looked at them. Lots of Tylenol #3 and some other narcotic pain killers from time to time. Yes, I do bring them in their original dispensary containers. I also bring down vitamins, supplements, etc. and just put them in a labelled baggie. Still, not one single problem. No one has even bothered to check and see what all the pills were in the baggies.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

S
S
Had shoulder surgery right before I came down last year and had Oxycodone Rx on board, no problems here. I don't think they looked, but if they had I was carrying the paperwork for the Rx with me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.