Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Jesse, if you can do it I will cough up. I am having a very hard time believing that there is even one FACTORY authorized mechanic on this island for anything other than Yamaha, Polaris or any other small vehicle/marine engine.

What difference does a qualified mechanic make? A huge difference. If you can't maintain a vehicle to factory/warranty standards you are not likely to be able to maintain the emissions standards either.

It's not a small quantity either. Almost every car or truck that comes onto the island seems to rapidly degrade into a piece of crap that spews emissions and fluids and heavily impacts the environment.

S
S
One thought, do any of these "authorized mechanics" of Jesse's have the ability to read the vehicle computer?

Thanks Simon, words well spoken, I'll add another case of beer!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Show me a mechanic who is GM certified for warranty work, and I'll bring them down a Tech 1 with a GM chip in it.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Lots of them in Belize City, I know of more then one person that brings them to the Island to tune up there vehicles.

Reality..What a concept!
S
S
I could probably get certified as a GM mechanic (up to 1970.) Anything else is a whole different ball game.

I don't really understand their complexities or how they work, I just happen to have one around.....

I also have a wife laugh

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Up to 1970....I wish, and contrary to popular belief there are certified mechs in Belize who have factory training.. up to date training and are very good at thier tasks, and everyone that I have met that owns "the big dark gas guzzeler" utilizes there services... so my question is whats your point? I don't agree that the the cars and trucks should be on ambergris caye, but they are...

Reality..What a concept!
S
S
But we're talking about mechanics on AC not the mainland.

No they are in Belize City, but the majority of the people I know that own a newer vehicle bring them out to tune up there vehicles, usually once a month, I am not saying everyone who owns a car or truck does this , but there are a number of people who utilize thire services. I know this because they usually do this at my place of work.

Reality..What a concept!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.