Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
J
No one in San Mateo paid $15,000 BZ for their lot. There is a much higher level of commitment when someone purchases a lot versus having one given to them, or being essentially a squatter (no disrespect intended...people need somewhere to live).

The area of Grand Belizean Estates is not swampland. It is higher elevation than most anywhere on the eatsern seaboard where historically all development has taken place.

The answer lies in having requirements such as those of the ACLBA and then those building requirements being followed and enforced. I for one applaud them for putting forth a concerted effort to have more enforcement and tighter restrictions to ensure that the island is habitable for all. Just imagone the uproar if everyone who built on the sea front in the last 10-15 years had to meet up with the standards that are being put in place today?

By some estimates the population of AC is over 22,000, I don't know an exact figure better than anyone else does. I know it is increasing every year whether there are regulations and systems and procedures put in place or not. I encourage everyone to work with and support the efforts of the ACLBA as they work to put together new standards and procedures for regulation and enforcement of building codes and requirements. If you are a septic engineer, which I am not, then I am sure they would welcome the input. Likewise if there is a better way to regulate and enforce their codes I am sure they would welcome it.

Live the life less ordinary.
B
B
I hear on this board that the road is planned to exit on the west coast in the Ambergris Bay subdivision. Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, does anyone know near what plot number or parcel? Is that portion of the road built yet?

I am interested since I own a plot in Ambergris Bay and am curious.

Thanks

J
J
This Blog is getting like a war zone and it is ridiculous and wrong we should all live together and stop this fighting, Elbert get a life and do your research and present us with the facts not what you think. I am planning to visit the site myself and will let you all know.

K
K
OK, so the Town Council gets $4000/lot. 356 X $4000 =$1,424,000. How's that comin'

Last edited by krehfish; 10/06/09 02:53 PM. Reason: math challenged

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
My comment on subdivisions and the like. Take Walmart as an example. Like them or not, anytime they build a super center the road infrastructure has to accomodate the traffic it produces and they pay for it. The same should apply to any new housing developments and resort complexes. They should plan the cost of the road into the developents from the start and must be in place before the project goes forward. Also, the existing facilities along the way new or old, should have an LID put into place with a ten year pay off to those resorts etc. Get the road in first.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
S
S
It's actually $2000 per lot through the end of December. The money is being used to build the road which is an approved government entity.

Last edited by sallen; 10/06/09 03:50 PM.
I don't really have a dog in this fight other than I would like to see affordable housing for the general population. I do find it somewhat bizarre that a road to the development is being built when in fact the road that it will connect with to reach San Pedro is basically impassable a good deal of the time. I am having a hard time imagining what the traffic will be like once the lots are sold and building begins. What provision has been made for the connecting South/North road? I am not at all qualified to judge the adequacy of septic systems but I am smart enough to know that if you are completely surrounded by a swamp that must present some huge problems that people of limited means will have trouble solving.

Captain One Iron
P
P
Originally Posted by Belizean!
Have you been to the property?

If so can you tell me your opinion?

If not? Where did you get your information as well.

No, I haven't been to the property. Nor have I been to the Amazonian jungle, but I have a fair idea what that's about. Nor am I a "septic engineer" but that doesn't mean that I have no knowledge or experience of the subject. The question I posed in my first paragraph may require special knowledge to answer but not to ask.

J
J
Please stop this this back and forth can we best concentrate on other things and put this effort to good use....

J
J
We can fill the land right behibd the Anglican school, we can do a project that will benefit a lot of needed children.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (OLDBAY), 205 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,041
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.