Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A C #358549 11/21/09 03:08 PM
T
T
For years of living here in Belize (9) I have my mailing address at a family members home in the US. All the mail goes there and he looks at it if it looks like trash it goes in the trash and if it looks important he opens it and decides if I need it and about every three or four months he sends it. What the hell is family for anyway. The service is free and I don't need to worry about Identity Theft. In return if any other members of my Family decide to move away and I am in the US I would do the same for them.

Thanks Mike and Linda!

It is a different time.

The younger generation(s) that are starting out on the internet when they are very small and have no concern over posting their most inner thoughts to all at random, have a completely different perspective on the use of the internet.

AC's work is computer related. I can only believe that he has a much finer understanding of the nature of internet security than do I.

He might be right, that my identity is in more jeopardy of being stolen, than is his. I do not do my bills or banking over the internet, because I am more suspicious of that route, than I am of the mailman and telephone banking. Before discarding, I shred all mail that contains my full name and address and anything else that I deem potentially dangerous to those willing to go through my garbage. I also shred all offers for credit cards.

I know that AC is right that all it could take is a disgruntled or unscrupulous employee and the nightmare begins.

Be that as it may, I offer you the newsletter from an email I received today (from Webroot).

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/about-press-room-press-releases-archives-data-stealing-on-the-rise.html

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 156 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.