Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
E
E
Juan Grande....nice job cutting and pasting. I am not sure value is the word I would use in regards to how I hold your opinion. An ECP is a compliance plan signed after the EIA has been done. This is done so that after public consultations conditions and changes can be implemented on the developer. Clearly favors were done so that the developer did not have to do an EIA and face public consultations. Who signed the ECP? Please copy and paste a copy of the ECP.
Next...San Mateo is a disgrace. Lets point out though, that when the Town Council tried to fill San Mateo there was no fill in the area because the same developer had dredged and pumped it all across the lagoon to fill his Costa Del Sol project. His dredge was directly next to San Mateo for months.
Back to ECP's...again favors must have been granted so that Sugar Caye did not have to do and EIA and face public consulations. That ECP has been violated according to Mr. Moore of geology. They have dredged more than double the amount they were allowed in the ECP. Seems like to developer likes to evade or just break the laws of Belize.
The common thread that strikes me is the developer not liking to face the public...the community that he is directly jeopardizing. The developer does not do EIA's so he does not have to face the public. He send s employees to do meetings and interviews with the media. I get the feeling he can not look into the faces of the people that have real questions for him. If they do not have money or are not interested in buying a lot for him they do not exist. Sorry Mr. Mitchell we do exist. When you are finished making your millions on all of your land sales you can pack up and leave. I am Sure Juan Grande you will be right behind him. The rest of us will still be here, participating in this community and not taking advantage of it.
I am a firm believer in "what comes around, goes around" and "treat others as you would like to be treated."

Have any of you ever gone to the GBE office with your questions? I'm not taking sides but I have learned over my years on internet forums that public forum debates do little good. We live on a small island and to me it just seems to easy to go to the office and ask questions.

C
C
well said ecoman. Quite right.
Icannot answer Hazzyy's question regarding the local situation in San Pedro, but I can answer the question more broadly.
The DoE acknowledges that the NEAC is a secret committee and that the minutes of their meetings will not be made public
The DoE refuses to answer questions on how decisions were reached.
The Doe does not reply to most e mails and letters directed at these matters.
The DoE has not even responded to requests for information made under Belize's Freedom Of Information Act
The only weapons we have are those of mass communication. I profoundly disagree that forums do little good. Quite the reverse, if it had not been for this forum and belizeforums.com, who would have known about the ridiculous sport fishing laws? who would have known about the cheese/dairy product ban?
Secrecy and covert government can only be combatted with the oxygen of publicity. Agreed not just in forums, but articles in newspapers, standing up at public meetings etc.
My suggestion, if I may as an outsider, would be to organise a public meeting. DON'T invite personalities from DoE or your local council otherwise they will take it over. get the vox populi into play. GOB is used to making decisions and passing them down to a largely passive electorate. They will be very uncomfortable if a body of people is discussing these matters without "establishment" knowing whats going on. I mean a body of people getting together and voting on things in a meeting? Isn't that how government started? Very worrying to those who were elected already.

HEAR HEAR! I think it is about time for another march followed by a rally.
I have to wonder why the established hotels and resorts are not joining in the protest as their occupancy is being directly affected.

Last edited by ScubaLdy; 04/18/10 12:39 PM.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline

Last edited by elbert; 04/18/10 05:32 PM.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
C
C
Scubalady, while you are at it you might spend a moment wondering why the BTIA aren't spearheading this effort. After all they are supposed to represent Hotels, tour operators etc.
The BTB are a government body so they are hardly likely to criticise another government department. Neither BTIA nor BTB have shown the slightest interest in the recent public debates on Sport fishing licenses or the Dairy products ban, nor have they responded to letters.
So don't expect any support from those directions.
And just in case you think AC is fighting a lone battle, you are not. We have exactly the same problem on the mainland.

I
I

Last edited by iluvsanpedro; 04/19/10 08:04 AM.
B
B
x

Last edited by budda; 04/20/10 08:03 AM.
I
I
no.....i didn't say anything about Remax.

I
I

Hi i hope that someone can give me some advice on purchasing a piece of land that is being sold by Grand Belizean Estates
cost is $8075 per plot on Ambergris Caye.
I am looking at a lot on the second row near the tower
is this an average cost for land out there?
is this a good deal, if so cheap is there a problem. to good to be true

does it get flooded in the rainy season and stay waterlogged?
Is this the only good value land on the caye or is there lots from other people for sale

i look forward to you reply thanks

APPOLOGIES IF I PUT THIS IN THE WRONG AREA

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.