Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#387091 09/05/10 08:50 PM
OP Offline
Anyone have any information on the Facebook posting this afternoon purportedly by the ACES founder saying that a Toledo "mob" had burned down the American Crocodile Education Sanctuary facility near PG?

http://www.facebook.com/notes/cheri...-sanctuary-no-longer-exists/425044629162

Supposedly the ACES principals were in San Pedro recently. This allegedly happened because the Toledo villagers believed the ACES people were involved in the disappearance of two local children, from San Marcos village, I think, and fed them to the crocodiles.

If the posting is true, it is disturbing to say the least. If not, it is generating some very bad publicity for Belize.

--Lan Sluder

OP Offline
The fact that ACES burned to the ground has been confirmed by several people in Toledo, and I'm told it was also on LOVE-FM. The details, including that a village "psychic" claimed the ACES principals had kidnapped the missing children and fed them to crocs, which led to the burning by the mob by Maya villagers, have not been confirmed, to my knowledge.

T
T
I know that Vince and Cherie has been on the island for a few days capturing some problem crocs which were to be taken to the ACES Facility in Punta Gorda. From what I understand their home and guests cottages were burned to the ground along with everything in them and a car. No word yet on the dogs and the 13 or so crocs.

Based on what I heard on the news this evening the PG police had held an entire bus full of people for questioning (love FM). I am not sure for how long and not sure if any of the persons were suspects.

With the uncertainty of the events/situation in PG the three crocs that were captured here on Ambergris Caye and being prepared for transport to PG were released.

This is truly a sad situation.

M
M
Truly insane, Hopefully someone can find their dogs and get them to San Pedro. I think San Pedro could be an excellent new location for this very important project. That would not happen here. Have they had previous problems with locals? Was there any reason to suspect that the crocs were involved at all? Embassy can and will do nothing. All law enforcement has problems here. The police would love to arrest someone, bet on it, they are police. To prove arson the villagers would have to testify against each other? Maya are deathly afraid of crocs and they embody all kinds of evil in their cosmology. Truly incredible, I would have never dreamed of it. Glad they were safe and sound in San Pedro. Lets see what the week brings.

We have to stop that.
We need to involve CNN, NBC and BBC.
We need to increase international News Coverage.

High Crime in Belize City, killing every Day, like in a war zone....

Angry Mob in PG destroy ACES.

Where is Dean Barrow?
Where is Law and order?

Is there any future for Belize?

• Destroying the Nature
  • Everywhere Garbage
  • Very low education Level
  • Crime in Belize City, out of control
  • Corruption in the Government and a very weak police
  • No justice, murder mostly walk free
  • Burglars, everywhere and countrywide
  • Angry mob, get out of control and burns houses

How can we maintain Belize as our home
or as a destination for tourists and retirement?

If this is no wake-up call for all of us,
then we end in chaos.

What are they doing to try to locate the missing children??

JZB Offline
There are search parties out and extra police officers have been sent from Belmopan to help in the search. (according to LoveFM)

If international news agencies reported on all of the crime in Belize, you would see tourism come to a screeching halt.
Belize needs to get its own house in order before everyone else realizes how severe it is.
Mexico should be a good example and incentive for them as to how violent crime will effect tourism.

S
S
Over the years, various individuals/groups/entities in this country have certainly accomplished some pretty amazingly STUPID feats. Sadly, the torching of ACES raises this bar to a whole new level.

This is awful on absolutely every level... for the individuals who poured their heart and soul into ACES as well as for EVERYONE with the least bit of interest in the state of tourism here... The OUTCRY about this on line already is deafening.

S
S
Over the years, various individuals/groups/entities in this country have certainly accomplished some pretty amazingly STUPID feats. Sadly, the torching of ACES raises this bar to a whole new level.

This is awful on absolutely every level... for the individuals who poured their heart and soul into ACES as well as for EVERYONE with the least bit of interest in the state of tourism here... The OUTCRY about this on line already is deafening.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 143 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.