BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Expedition Divers - Beauty of Giant Cave on DPV Dive in Belize

We've been coming back to Belize for several years now, and it was yet again a fantastic trip enjoying the magnificent caves together with our good buddy and godfather of Giant Cave, Chip, and his awesome crew at Belize Diving Services.

While we also love diving caves in the US, Mexico, Hungary, China and Philippines, the Giant cave is one of nature's true marvels, offering immense variety. You can find all colours of speleothems, brackish, salt and fresh water, passages from no mount restrictions to half a football field sized massive chambers, and the visibility varies from zero to crystal clear. There is also an ancient Mayan pot deep inside the cave.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Expedition Divers - Winter Wonderland Cave Dive in Belize

In Belize, under the ocean, there is a gorgeous cave guarded by sharks. It is called Winter Wonderland as the speleothems are covered by fine silt as if it had just snowed. To share some of it's beauty we took 120,000 lumens of video lights along for the dive. For this montage we compressed two hours of 4K footage into some 4 minutes of Full HD. Our greatest thank you to Chip Petersen and his awesome Team at Belize Diving Services, it really was a blast once again. Thank you for watching, hope you enjoy and join us next time.

Here's another good video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocUeSCFRT7E&t=8s

L
L
I watched the video. But I never went scuba diving. It's a little scary for me.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Entering Giant Cave Belize while it's Siphoning

Giant Cave is possibly the largest sea cave on the planet! It's located just off a dock in Caye Caulker Belize. The cave can spring and siphon and little is known about timing it. This was my 3rd trip to the cave and the first two times it was springing slightly and this trip it was siphoning enough to suck you in. The video is shot with a Paralenz dive camera of Becky Schott entering the fissure crack and first chamber on a Liberty Sidemount rebreather, then buddy Anthony Tedeschi going through the 100ft of restriction on his KISS Sidekick. This is just a teaser video, once inside the cave the visibility is more than 50-70ft in most areas and some of the largest rooms and decorations can be seen. There are sponges, tunicates and life a few hundred feet inside the cave. It's a really unique system. If you're interested in diving it or learning more contact Belize Diving Services.

WOW!

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Emmy Award-winning underwater science/adventure series Jonathan Bird's Blue World showcases #Belize with his visit to Caye Caulker's famous "Winter Wonderland" cave site!

Exploring a SNOWY Underwater Cave in Belize!
Jonathan and Todd travel to Caye Caulker, Belize to explore a spooky ocean cave called Winter Wonderland with cave explorer Ilya Rosado and the team from Sunrise Scuba. Winter Wonderland gets its name from the fine silt on the formations that looks like snow. It's the most amazing ocean cave dive yet!

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day