Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We will be on AC arriving on a Saturday and departing the following SUnday. Are there certain events or restaurants / bars etc we should go to on particular days of the week (because they have something going on only on that day).

What should we try and do on what days? Is there any particular time we should be at some place (i.,e what time do we need to get to that one bar for the chicken drop thing?)

I definitely dont want a scheduled vacation, but dont want to miss out on anything cool either cause of not knowing where and when to go!
Thanks!

Andrea in Atlanta
B
B
Sunday at the Palapa North of the cut--watertaxi, golf cart, or bicycle to get there. Watch for BUI. Keep your eyes peeled for Lions Club events--IMAHO the best value on the island. What a great time to go.

OP Offline
What is the Palapa and BUI.. ok, I admit, 'm clueless..loL!!

Are there any particular bars/restaurants etc that have stuff going on only certain days of the week that shouldnt be missed?

Thanks!
Andrea

Andrea in Atlanta
L
L
The palapa is a cool little beach bar hangout that has live music on Sunday afternoons. Fun time and quite a few "characters".

Correct info on Palapa Bar.......when asking about Palapa in San Pedro, you must say to the locals..........Palapa Bar.....only we boarders just refer to Palapa. I learned this thru experience....LOL

Dare To Deviate
Chloe.. what are you doing up so late?? You bad girl you!

Seaislegal, don't miss a show of Barefoot Skinny... don't know where or when lol, but one is not to be missed!
Try Fidos maybe!?

W
W
When you arrive, inhale, exhale and just enjoy...what else is there...let the spirt guide you ....enjoy your stay....

When you see me up late, I am plotting my escape to Belize again, and doing my inhale-exhale exercises, to stay in shape, until I get there. My daugher and grandkids are already bugging me to go to Belize again, soon. Guess I best come out of retirement to make the money again. They sure have become my new best friends......LOL LOL LOL.

Dare To Deviate
B
B
I am pretty sure the chicken drop is on wednesday night at 6:00 at the Pier Lounge (that's on front street). On sundays they have a beach bar-b-q at BC's.
Fido's is a fun bar where a crowd usually gathers every night.
Don't worry its real easy to find out where the hot spots are! Hope you have a great trip! I'm jealous!!!!!

B
B
I am pretty sure the chicken drop is on wednesday night at 6:00 at the Pier Lounge (that's on front street). On sundays they have a beach bar-b-q at BC's.
Fido's is a fun bar where a crowd usually gathers every night.
Don't worry its real easy to find out where the hot spots are! Hope you have a great trip! I'm jealous!!!!!

If you are locating the chicken drop and Pier Lounge from Front Street, look for Spindrift Hotel, and cut there, to the beach side, and you will see both.

Dare To Deviate
OP Offline
Thanks for the info, I am keeping notes of all these hints!

where does Barefoot Skinny normally play? Is there any sorta paper or something on the island we can grab that says whats going on when (kind of like the limin Times in the BVI which gives info on what bars are doing what)?

Andrea in Atlanta

Andrea in Atlanta
C
C
Oops....posted on wrong board :P

[This message has been edited by Capt Nemo (edited 02-14-2002).]

D
D
Sgal,

Click on search and type in: how to tell the days of the week in san pedro. it will take you to a thread that is funny but true.

Cheers

ps. the search button is at the top of this page just below and to the right of the reply button

[This message has been edited by diveron (edited 02-20-2002).]

S
S
When you land at the airport in San Pedro, there is a board with the days of the week events. YOU MUST GO TO BC's ON SUNDAY. The bbq ribs and cole slaw are wonderful, the Shark Bar is pretty cool at night too! [Linked Image]Had some wonderful food (and beer) while I was there.

OP Offline
Thanks DiveRon, I found that thread... !! Thanks everyone for your input too! Looks like we have a lot to look forwards too! Turns out a band I know from the US will be down there when we are as well, Jim Morris. I think he is from somewhere in Florida.

Andrea in Atlanta
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.