Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#458580 02/22/13 08:43 AM
5 Images
Marty Offline OP
Marcial 'Chico' Flores

The San Pedro Sun is saddened to hear the news of the passing of island icon Marcial 'Chico' Flores. Chico passed away on February 20, 2013 after succumbing to illness. He is survived by his wife Laverne, daughter Cruz, sons Marcial and Marcelo and four grandchildren: Denise, Jaydy, Jaytyn and Joelito.

Comments on Facebook are here

Here are a few....

Our good friend Chico passed away silently at home yesterday with family and friends. He was buried this morning. RIP Chico.

So sad! Chico was a lovely person and always a smile and full of life! He was a good friend!

sad news indeed, had some very special nights with him , a real character, RIP

Chico was a lovely man..I am so sorry to lose him

So sad, I really had many a good time with Chico and friends. Monte sends his sympathies as well, spent many hours at the Holiday Hotel Bar with him when Chico was their bartender. He was a very good dancer, love that rock n roll. Certainly will miss him but will always remember his smile.

Cjicken feet,conch,octapus n lobster ceviche.Soccer fan,a jokester n a very good bartender are my fun memories of this great legend of San Pedro.RIP Chico.May the LORD shine his light on you my friend.Good memories to all who were fortinate to know him.

Many fond memories, Chico. RIP.

Classic

one of San Pedro's real characters, glad i had the pleasure of sharing a few drinks and time with him, thoughts go out to his family, RIP

I remember Chico as the ceviche king of my days in San Pedro n Mr.Funnyman.We love you Chico.RIP my friend.

xoxo Chico you will always be charished as a real friend

Chico always greeted you with a huge smile and always had time for you! He was a sweet lovely person and so much fun to be with! We will miss him!

We'll all miss Chico!

We always had great chats at Holiday Hotel!!!!! He was too funny and made GREAT ceviche......He will be missed!!! Lots of good memories!!!

He was the last person to serve me a drink as a single man. Was heading to the church one boiling hot June day with my brother and best man (same person), stopped at the Holiday Hotel for a little liquid courage, in a suit, and he told me I needed a brain!! Turned out to be shooter to go with my beer. Then went and got married. Memories, he will be missed......

Many, many yrs. ago, he delivered the Miami Herald (puzzle done) via a red scooter to my husband at the orginal La Perla Escondida now where the Bananas Hotel is. RIP

My buddy Chico...a great man has left us...RIP buddy.

4 Comments
Very nice man, sorry to hear this, RIP Chico.

E
E
I met Chico on my birthday at the Hide-A-Way in 2001, he was tending bar and entertained me to no end. We became friends and I will miss his charm and company.

Chico was one of the San Pedro Icon's which helped to popularize the Holiday Hotel as its bartender. Famous for his chevich and friendly, good natured banter...Chico was one of the reasons many of us kept coming back to Ambergris Caye.

Gone fishing!!
T
T
Chico was taken in by Don Fido to do a bit of everything. He served cold Belikens and Chargers and cleaned up the place. He later played the tamborine and could strum a tune. He got trained to make drinks, beyond the rum and coke. His bar was opened first and he could be found singing and strumming in a corner outside at Fido's. Don Fido took him under his wing. He made those early dances beneath the stars so much fun he hade to have help at the bar because he was always dancing with the locals and the gringo's. He made Fido's famous...Celi's was already and remains very well known. Don Fido showed Chico how to make ceviche and jonny cakes. So long mi amigo.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 142 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.