Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
#497585 11/04/14 12:50 PM
OP Offline
Tuesday. 3 Nov.
Lots of concrete, so will note the places that are still unpaved and need extra caution .......

By Capricorn/Abby-Hair-Braid - concrete coming from the north ends here and from the pavement you enter a large and relatively deep puddle. Don't use the "shoulders" - there is hardcore on the bottom of the main part of the puddle so you won't get stuck. Today water did not come up to floorboards so you can make it through if you go slowly.

More concrete starts again somewhere around El Pescador and goes south more or less to Grand Caribe. Maybe there is a break in that length but can't fully recall. Just south of Grande Caribe the concrete ends and there is a nasty patch of slurry. Hardcore was being dumped in this area this morning.

Traveling south through Tres Cocos the road is very rutty and annoying, has some puddles but nothing dangerous.

Nasty patch of puddles on the one-lane stretch where you are allowed to drive that goes along Reef Village. Hardcore has been put in these areas but there is still a considerable amount of water. Concrete is going in there on one lane now, so soon this should be quite passable.

Very messy between Solitude and concrete run-up to bridge.

Lots of progress, but still not a ride you want to take if you don't have to do so.

Heading north from Belizean Shores (where the concrete project stops) there is a very bad patch of road behind Seascape, and then again as you round the bend north of Blue Dolphin.
Road is not too bad from there on ..... you end up on the beach just after Journey's End and that area is fine. Traveling further north on the beach by Coral Divers the high tide makes for a very narrow track and a little salt water on your cart or bike. Mata Grande road is not nice, especially in the patch between Los Encantos and the Grocery. Farther than that I did not even try to go and wouldn't expect to find it passable.

OP Offline
UPdate 10 November

The worst spot right now is right in front of Abby-Hair-Braid-Trinket place (Capricorn area).
There is a new little diversion on the west side of the big puddle that is actually worse than going through the puddle. Recommend traveling straight through the water, just to the west of the center. It's relatively flat and not terribly deep in that little strip.
When coming north, if you choose to go through the puddle, beware that as you come back up onto the pavement there are some rebar ends sticking out of the cement. Aim carefully so they don't jam into your tires.
Generally speaking the road is coming along well and even at Reef Village the road is now passable.

The grader worked for hours yesterday. I think they started at Grand Caribe so they come back south quickly. It is graded all the way to Reef Village.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Visuals, we need visuals!

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
OP Offline
Originally Posted by champion
Visuals, we need visuals!

You're supposed to be here to take a look.

Soon my little pretty, soon. 75 more days to go. Now get that road finished! Its been 14 years on the freeway from hell.

The road plan stops short of actually being on this end of the island and for all of us living North of Belizean Shores it's the same mud slide. If you look at a map there is little to celebrate, three fourths of the island is inaccessible by road. I drove from Journeys End to Canary Cove yesterday and it's mud and lagoon as it has always been. You guys have been eating the propaganda the Town Board has been feeding you.Your North Road is on the South end of the island and all the real-estate up here is still only accessible by boat if there has been rain and we've had a lot of rain.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
I can dream Elbert, I can dream!

Ragman and scubaldy get a road. Nice people get the road, you, Diane and me get squat. Must be the bad karma syndrome.

Champion - You can stop by my place and sit and look at the road.
Then you can guess the speed of the taxis and trucks passing by.

just saying . . .

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.