Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
We had two checking accounts at Atlantic Bank one for our personal account and one for our property management of our condo in San Pedro.
The first was frozen because of inactivity. We have been trying for 2 years to get access to that account.
The Central Bank finally decided that we cant have that account even though we have had it for 20 years.
Atlantic Bank wont move the money into our other account and is steeling it a few dollars at a time every month for inactivity.
Many others have had the same problem, the Central Bank is as corrupt as they can be!
Beware!

Last edited by Palmarosa Lorenzo; 04/05/24 12:37 PM.
There is a relatively simple process to get your account reactivated - you need to go to the bank in person with your current ID and proof of address, fill in some forms and reactivate your account. You may need to make a small deposit to finalize the transaction. In order to have an account in Belize you must fill in the forms, provide the requested detailed info - which may include a character reference, a professional reference plus you IDs and address verification. Yes, it is a pain, but you can get your account reactivated. Typically you are only denied an account if you don't fill in the forms and provide the requested detailed info.

P
OP Offline
P
Hi Amanda, I have done all of those things many of them twice or more over the last several years. Starting the first of the year Atlantic Bank needed the process started all over again because they didn’t keep the old records and letters.
It’s not that easy they will not give me the money back or re-open the account. I do have the letter from the central bank of Belize with their final decision denying my request.

Last edited by Palmarosa Lorenzo; 04/06/24 12:20 PM. Reason: Update details
Recently, I heard of two similar situations involving Atlantic Bank in San Pedro. I understand they have a new manager now, who is reorganising the branch.

Live and let live

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.