Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thank God things on AC are not what I'm used to. smile smile smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
John - I hope our trip is exactly like yours - good food, lots of new friends, great accommodations, and some fun snorkeling etc. (of course, some good fishing would be nice too, but I don't want to alienate the "trip gods" by asking for too much...) wink

JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
Everyone who went fishing got to BBQ their catch on the beach! So will you..Have fun.

Hey JohnB... thanks for the drinks! Yep.. we tried to repay you. Rode our bikes all the way from the cut up north and made it to Sundiver Beach Resort and still had a ways to go. We decided to turn back.
It was great meeting you and Francine... glad you two had fun. We sure did. I'll get your photo posted as soon as I get em developed (old school).
We ran into Communik8r a few more times too... what great people are on this board! laugh

JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
Scub, been waiting for you. Had a great time, glad you did too. When we got to Portofino 3 more people got me..No where to hide.

Every boarder we met was so nice!!!!

On another forum, a recent visitor who stayed at Portofino complained bitterly about the mattreses there and said that most guests there at the same time had the same concerns. Did you have any problems?

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
Lan, You offered me good advise last year on my choice to Ambergris. So I reply, The mattrese wasn't that bad! It wasn't the king that we are use to but it was not as bad as that other forum wrote. I did see it and I admitt it worried me..nothing to worry about here.

Hey, JohnB, glad to hear you had a great time and loved everyone at Portofino as much as we did. I really miss that place!! Did you teach Sadie to fetch?

Cheers,
Snoopycat

I too read the other post about the mattresses at Portofino. We will be there in Nov and I'm not worried one bit. I think it's all a matter of what you're willing to accept. Another poster on this board is fond of saying "Just go with the flow and everything will be fine." I plan on doing just that. wink

JohnB Offline OP
OP Offline
1. Don't worry about the bed. If you read my trip report you know my feelings. You will fall in love with everything. I am still sad!!!!

SADIE...That darn dog. She had me fetching.

Those of you who have been you know...
Those of you going will soon see, you will fall in love also.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.