Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#88207 06/19/04 04:55 PM
C
C
We were with Capt Bicho and his son Nesta on June 9th. It was so fun to watch him stalk the sardines with his fishing nets! We got such a kick out watching him when he'd spot a group of them and then let his net fly. It also entertained us by how obsessed he was with any baracuda spotting that he had. We were able to land one and lost a couple while trolling. What a great time reef fishing we all had! It was our first experience for that type of fishing. Our daughter caught the most fish and gloated the whole week! We even had fun playing with the nurse sharks that kept biting. The BBQ was delicious and we managed to eat almost the whole huge package of fish and lobster that he had so expertly prepared! From there, Capt. Bicho induldged our tourist need to go to shark/ray alley. The weather had been so windy, that we hadn't done the dive trips that we had hoped for so were glad to fit that in. It was a terrific day and were so glad that we planned it! Thanks Capt Jeff (I called you Capt. Ron at BC's smile for your referral of this trip!

#88208 06/20/04 09:32 AM
great chatty kathy,glad you got to live the dream ,you made my day!!! would have loved to see your daughters face ,catching the fish ,it is posts like this that make my referrals a joy ..Ilove to share infomation about my buddy fishingsanpedro.com and capt bicho and his son capt charlie's multi talants as a fishing guides and super chefs ..people say you push him ,and there are lots of good guides in sanpedro ,and I say yes there are ..I have fished with most of them but it my eyes he is still the best there !!!!! ,and I have fished all over the world for forty years ,so i know hot from not ,,glad you got to live the dream and enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#88209 06/20/04 09:37 AM
toy 4 irma you will do just great ,just tell him about your problem with motion sickness,he will keep you in calm waters ..the lobsters also like calm waters ,but do not eat more than a dozen lobsters for lunch ,that may make you sick ,go live the dream and enjoy your special day ...

#88210 06/21/04 08:17 AM
V
OP Offline
V
Biggie, I knew something was up with Bicho Jr. when he got excited about something early on. I knew it wasn't bad English! Nice family.

C From UK, I wanted to flyfish, but the winds were absolutely horrible when we were down. I opted to stick with spinning gear. There were a couple people who flyfished when we were there, had a horrible time with the winds. Hopefully the wind will be calm when you're down. Email Capt. Bicho regarding the flies, he should be able to help.

#88211 06/21/04 10:22 AM
Capt. Jeff...Thanks so very much... :p In the past four months I have spend my 30 minute lunch on the board...looked forward to it...HEY I teach 1st grade so it was sorta like a Carribean
fix of sorts...and when the first graders came back from lunch...well I felt revived!!! :p
Not even knowing you I felt a strange bond?? smile
and for whatever reason...respected your opinion!
Teaching first grade I tell my class to be
causious of strangers... :confused!!
I have decided to join my husband andCapt. Bicho on my husbands second reef trip ( ( perhaps he can bring me lobster or four or five)...???!!!
I had hoped so much that you would have been there to fish with my husband and the Capt...Perhaps next time..??? Oh ...when we scheduled our charters...we included the infoumous quote...."LIven the Dream"...Capt. Bicho said you MUST know Capt. Jeff...??? well.. sorta we said...Capt Jeff I fell you're the main man on fishing....replays from Bicho's many clients truly reinforce your thoughts !
In ten days we hope to be a Beliver!!
KIND regards. smile !!!
cool

#88212 06/21/04 03:02 PM
toy 4 irma you will be a beliver,big time !!!!!would have loved to fish with you guys but very busy trying to make living,as I am always traveling some where..and need to stay home and look like I work ???,will be down to sanpedro not till end of july or august first week , to fish #1 then #2 furinish the condo I just purchased with new stuff like big tv jacquzzi tub etc etc,,,and try make it a second home ..you will be livin the dream soon ,send me photos of your catch ,and your face with the smile from ear to ear ,,enjoy

#88213 06/23/04 04:15 PM
We were out with Capt. Bicho and Bicho, Jr. on the 12th. Let me say: WOW! We had a wonderful time. We knew almost nothing about fishing. Capt. Bicho was super. We couldn't get enough. What a hoot! We caught fish from the first cast (a big red snapper) to the last(a monster ray that Susan fought for almost a half hour before we could get it close enough to cut the line and then the line snapped). Capt. Bicho was a true professional who was very happy when we caught fish. Bicho, Jr. was downright excited at each bite. The BBQ lunch was great, and the snorkeling at Hol Chan was fun. There is nothing better than Livin' The Dream.

#88214 06/24/04 09:02 AM
We have scheduled a trip to go fishing with him in July. Have the winds calmed yet? I know it is hard to say day by day, but just wondering.. out of excitement I am quite sure. smile

#88215 06/24/04 09:17 AM
usna 73 will also share that with the capt bicho,he loves to hear positive feed back the guy works hard to make people happy ..it's comments like yours is why I share my wonderful times with him with the board ... I like getting new people into fishing it is great fun .,and capt..bicho makes it easy !!!!!a day on and under the water is super ..it will be one of your best days there .glad you also got to live the dream and enjoy life .

#88216 06/24/04 09:25 AM
mt12133 wind is never predictable ,july should be just fine ,the people on the island like the wind it cools everything down ,and as most have no a/c a breeze is nice for them to sleep at night .. [ask capt bicho for the no wind guarantee ].only kidding .you will have a blast ,get ready to live the dream and enjoy ..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.