Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#93641 11/23/04 12:54 PM
Try a one bedroom at The Yacht Club @ [email protected]

#93642 11/28/04 12:19 PM
I
I
We will be taking our first trip to San Pedro in April. Obviously, we have to make our Hotel reservations now. Where would you suggest we stay with our 11 year old son? We were considering Ramon's. However, it has been posted here that it is expensive. Would you recommend Xanadu's? We have two other children in college we are on a tight budget. However, we also have to have a relaxing vacation after working so hard to pay for two kids in college! Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly. We would love a place with a kitchette.
Also, that 11 year old child loves science. What would one suggest as a day trip that he should not miss. Thank you so much, D.

#93643 11/28/04 01:54 PM
Xanadu would work well. Also Banana Beach, The Palms (right next door to Ramon's), Blue Tang, Exotic Caye, Paradise Villas.

For day trip, take him to one of the caves on the mainland.

#93644 11/28/04 06:59 PM
I
I
Dear Barbara, Thank you so much for your quick response. I think we will make our reservation at Xanadu!

#93645 11/29/04 08:10 AM
T
T
Not much exciting there - especially for kids. Just got back and was rather disappointed at the cost of things and the way we felt like we were always being taken advantage of - I think the locals have discovered "tourists" and are making the best of it. We felt ripped off several times. Would tell us one price (always assumed it was in Belize $$ - because we were told to assume this) then conveniently, once the excursion or item was done all of the sudden it was US $$ - which is DOUBLE! This happened often - from the taxi drivers, to the boat trips, etc... Can only assume the food is in Belize! Wouldn't go back because of this! Also - if you don't dive - don't go. NO good place to swim right off shore, and everything costs an arm and leg!

#93646 11/29/04 11:21 AM
Man, my kids love the place. They can't wait to get back for their third time (in March). And we're trying to be sure we don't do too much, as we have in the past. All of us are trying to make it a point to NOT book a lot of day trips or plan all that much. A good book on the beach or dip in the pool keep my younger ones (pre-teens) completely entertained. The teenager likes just walking on the beach or hanging out with the rest of us as well. All of them think the infamous chicken drop (which can be completely free) is a riot. A day's cart ride north with lunch somewhere can, by itself, be genuinely memorable.

Heck, we've been accused of BEING the show at some places we've been.

How much entertainment do you need? Perhaps you're better served by being in a more "touristy" environment...maybe Cancun or Playa Del Carmen? No lack for diversions in places like that, but be prepared to pay for them.

Honestly, one of the best parts about San Pedro (for me) was the affordability of the place. I seriously consider the bang for your buck there to be one of the best vacation values you'll find anywhere.

But don't tell anyone. Too many people already know about it. wink

Sorry you had a less than pleasant trip. But live and learn. It's a big world with lots of possible destinations for your next trip, eh?

* I Go Pogo *
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.