Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40991 06/18/01 09:32 PM
M
Mr B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just returned a few days ago from a wonderful 8 days on AC. Stayed at Ramon's. Super resort...rooms were really nice with great views...really good breakfasts. I have to say of all the places I have traveled in the Caribbean...and there have been many...the people on AC are the warmest, most welcoming people I have ever encountered. I would like to thank Bruce and Charlene at BC 's Beach Bar for letting us visit their little slice of paradise. BC's has to be one of the greatest beach bars in Central America/Caribbean. Bruce and Charlene are a blast!! If you go don't miss the Sunday BBQ..Bruce is a terrific BBQ chef.. There is no better bartender than Ernie. He is truly magic behind the bar.
Debbie's birthday was a big party at the Palapa Bar even though she couldn't arrive on time due to the tropical storm in Houston. Met Debbie, Marty, Munichick, and several others from the board. All wonderful folks.. Thanks to Mark, Mary, and Sam for letting us ride back from the cut in their golf cart and for putting up with us all week. We'll miss ya!! Attended joke night at Fido's with Barefoot Skinny as the MC. I'm sure he will remember the "orgasm joke" as told by one of my travel companions. Thanks Barefoot for signing my CD.

Had dinner at Capricorn. This is a must do!!! Also don't miss Cannibals and Jambels Jerk Pit!!

Did the Shark Ray Alley Hol Chan trip. We are not divers so the reef and views around AC were fine with us.

On the downside the dogs and cats around AC really need help. Due to the historical lack of a spay/neuter program and the ravages of Hurricane Keith some of these animals are in dire need. Thankfully a vet from Europe is now stationed on AC and her clinic is near Ramon's. I encourage everyone visiting AC to donate whatever they can to the Saga Society to assist in purchasing needed medicines, food, and the eventual construction of a shelter. You can even donate to have an animal spayed or neutered or purchase a Saga Society T-shirt. Every little bit counts!!!

I hope the resilient people of Belize continue their remarkable recovery from Hurricane Keith.

Hope to post some pictures soon

#40992 06/18/01 09:47 PM
M
Mr B Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Forgot to mention I met Mr. Bigzeke and his wife from the message board. Very interesting couple. They were a wealth of information about the area and I appreciated their recommendations on tours, restaurants, etc.

#40993 06/19/01 06:06 AM
M
M
Hi Mr.B and Mary Ann,
Thanks for the report. We were glad to hear you liked the Capricorn. We missed it this time and really regret it. Guess we'll just have to go twice next time. [Linked Image]
We had a great time meeting you and hope we can do it again.
Can't wait to see your pics ! I'm sure they are full of incriminating evidence! LOL!
M [Linked Image] M
P.S. Check your email.

#40994 06/19/01 02:58 PM
L
L
Thanks for the report. I agree: I loved BC's, Jambel Jerk, Fidos, Barefoot Skinny. All such fun!

#40995 06/19/01 04:52 PM
Online Happy
Donations for the dogs and Saga Society are on their website at: //AmbergrisCaye.com/sagasociety/

they can use your help....

#40996 06/20/01 08:06 PM
C
C
Mr. B is right on. BC's is a great beach bar and a perfect place to pass the day doing nothing. Capricorn has great food and wonderful atmosphere. Cannibals has the best beer battered fish sandwich I have ever had. And Charlene at BC's makes the world best chicken burrito...and ham and cheese sandwiches which come with ham AND cheese.
San Pedro is a beautiful place and the friendliest people I have ever been around....and Pisano is harmless

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (Marty), 184 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.