Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#215066 02/08/01 02:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hope you like it, tell me what you think...

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We don't like it. This board gets even less attention than the old one. Go back to the old one or I, for one, will stop even checking in here.

S
S
Marty:
Maybe you could post a message on the old message board site leading people to this new one. That might help.

D
D
I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS NEW MESSAGE BOARD. THE OLD ONE WAS EASIER TO MOVE THROUGH AND OFFERD IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO TOPICS OF INTEREST TO INDIVIDUALS. HOWEVER, THIS SAME 'GOOD POINT' IS ALSO ITS 'NEGATIVE POINT' IN THAT IT ALSO GAVE FREE AND EASY ACCESS TO ALL THE 'RUBBISH / SCANDALOUS ISSUES' PEOPLE WERE POSTING.

THERE WERE SOME REALLY GOOD POSTINGS AND USEFUL INFORMATION ON THE LAST MESSAGE BOARD. THERE WAS PARTICULARLY A VERY NICE REVIEW/OVERVIEW OF CAYE CAULKER, POSTED BY GORAN, THAT I WOULD LIKE TO REMAIN ON THE BOARD. MANY OTHER TOPICS WERE RELEVANT ONLY TO THE TIME AND NOT AS NECESSARY TO KEEP AT THIS TIME.

NICE TRY THOUGH MARTY. GIVE IT TIME.

L
L
Well, I think a new board is for the better. The old one wasn't very clear and there were a lot of negative comments on a lot of people, I was one of them. I hope it all works out, Marty.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I made the old board bounce to this spot, i thought i had done that.....

thanks for the note...

the main reason i changed was when we get crazy or weird postings they take only 30 seconds to pull instead of 10-20 times that with mass editing.

some folks won't like it, but this board has editing and certain features that are mandatory in todays web world. The lunatic fringe, unfortunately, must be allowed for or it risks the sanity of this here webguy.

W
W
Give this format some time.... When the Ambergris Caye board changed I was the first one to complain and now I can't imagine how the old board was! It IS better. I am an "old dog" and don't take well to "new tricks" but it IS better.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Marty,

Wendy's sister Tina here. Is there any way you can link up the new site Diane did for me to Cayecaulker.org? She has the address here on the messageboard on house rentals.
THanks
Tina

=========
I think i did so, Marty

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 03-16-2001).]

I love the new board Marty, easy to navigate and I'm used to this message board style. I found the old one cumbersome, and the nasty messages were a detriment to the site and Caye Caulker in general.

Thanks for taking the time and spending the money. For all you out there... this message board tenchnology COSTS BUCKS, and it came out of Marty's pocket to do this.

It was a much needed upgrade to the site. Change is good. And technology is like a train, you either jump on it, or it runs you down.

Nuff said! Much love.
--Lee

[This message has been edited by silkpainter (edited 03-06-2001).]

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Good move, Marty. This format is necessary for many good reasons, as have already been outlined. Lot's of crazy's out there with sick ideas that need not be a part of this board. It has been proven that this forum works by the AC board.

Those who do not like change when they are comfortable, and that is nearly all of us, will in most cases prefer this format in a very short time. So hang in folks and give it a fair try. I think you will like it.

**Jim
sandcrab@bigfoot.com

[This message has been edited by Sandcrab (edited 03-09-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day