Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone would like to help support my school's Belize Service Learning Project 2002 summer camp (for Belizean, mostly Mayan, kids) by purchasing a T-shirt from me?

T-shirts are $15.00 each and I still have a bunch of Mediums and some X-large. They read... "Where in the World is Belize" around a close up picture of the kids' smiling faces, and on the back... "Belize Project 2002, Learning first and always."

Tax deductible donations made payable to:
CCC Foundation # 4308
(please specify Belize Project and t-shirts)
and mailed to:
Belize Project CCBC
15812 Amelung Lane
Rockville, MD 20855

$9 from each sale goes towards the purchase of camp supplies, paper, pencils and crayons. All T-shirt purchases or donations are tax deductible and I have made a brochure that I will mail to you which has info and some pictures of last year's camp.

We bring down all necessary supplies and then whatever is not used is donated to the school. Unfortunately, Iris destroyed the surplus from last year's camp!

Our program was so successful over the past 2 years that this year the principal of the Big Falls R.C. School has requested that we increase the camp size to include older kids as well as younger ones. This alone means doubling the supply cache!

We have even been asked to start a program in the Cayo District and I believe that will incorporate University of Belize students who want to volunteer.

This is just some of the basic info about my community college's service learning summer camp project that is held in July, in Big Falls, Toledo District of southern Belize.

If you would like more info our program email address is [email protected] or you can email me at [email protected].

Thanks!
Sarah
Peace, Love, and Happiness!

P.s. This year we will be doing a science project of a mini hurricane and getting the kids to write about how Iris affected them!

[This message has been edited by sarahsmile (edited 06-24-2002).]

sarahsmile....
I'm there for ya girlfriend!
Do ya get extra credit if I send the check and put a note attached that it was due for your effort?
I will also e-mail you... I have a lot of questions!
Great work!!!
Sincerely,
Hope

OP Offline
Thanks Hope!
Super!
About credit...no, we do not get credit for this. We do, however, go as volunteers for service learning.
There are other programs in the states that will work with certain schools to provide arranged credit...I've seen them on the net.
This will be my second Belize summer camp trip but I also went in January to take down hurricane donations.
If you would please indicate on the check that your donation is for the Belize Project and how many shirts you want.

Thank you so much!
Sarah [Linked Image]

ya know guys... this is $9.00 for a Belize T, and a really good cause. I can't believe nobody is responding to this here "next generation" of young adults.
OH... and Pier Lounge Jim... do you ever read your e-mail from your web site? I guess not, but I do know someone going down there that CAN bring those t's for you to sell at your bar for her.

I always read my emails. Sarah is supposed to respond and has not done it as yet. OK?

Jim
OP Offline
Others will respond I am sure...its ok I am thankful for the both of your responses so far! If that is all I get, that is still great and most definately better than none!

Hey Jim, I emailed you yesterday....saying I would have to get back to you. Then I went and passed on your info to a faculty coordinator so that he could decide what was most cost effective. Today he responded by saying that we could take 10 with us when we come....however if Hope knows someone who can take them down, then mailing within the states might be more efficient than waiting til July 14 to get there then mail from within Bze.

I am open to suggestions...and most appreciative of your responses and efforts Hope and Jim.

Anyone else wanna buy a shirt? Donate craft supplies? Any suggestions?

Peace,
Sarah

COOL! and... sorry if I came across brash.
O.K.!
Thanks Jim!!
Anybody else?

Sorry Sarah,
No email yet. Try again. I have some pretty snobbish firewalls. Sorry
Jim

Jim
OP Offline
Anyone else???

P
P
SS-Can we get one when we are there & if so where? Thx.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.