Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96218 01/21/05 11:43 AM
S
OP Offline
S
HELP!!...need to make a decision between the Palms and oasis caribe del villa confused confused . Oasis price is way better, is there a reason for that? How far out of town is oasis?? thanx!

#96219 01/21/05 01:00 PM
I can't really compare the two. I have only stayed at the Palms so I can talk about that. The Palms is a really nice place. Great location, very close to town, beautiful accomodations, pool (although small), and grounds. Staff is wonderful. Last year we booked one of their specials through the internet so price was reasonable (it worked out to about $100.00 a night with taxes included -can't beat that.) The specials aren't up on their web site yet for this summer. Loved it at the Palms.

Do you mind telling me what the price difference is for Oasis Caribe del Villa compared to The Palms? From the website they look like really nice condos. Thanks, mobunny laugh

#96220 01/22/05 09:43 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Mo
The Oasis list its rental fee at $150 per night for a two bed/two bath condo. The Palms is working out to be $289 per night (big difference) My husband and I are taking his children and their spouses the day after Thanksgiving for a week. Not sure if peak season rates would change the price at the Oasis. Can't get anyone to return my email inquiries....maybe you get what you pay for

#96221 01/22/05 11:27 AM
Hi Suzanne,
My husband and I have stayed at the Palms many times and it is our favorite place. We looked at Oasis when we were there in Dec. The condos themselves are very nice and comparable in inside accommodations to the Palms. In fact, it is a newer property and the condos we saw were a little nicer furnished than some of the Palms condos. Oasis is located a little north of town but certainly within walking distance to everything you would want. They have a nice pool on their small property that overlooks the beach.

Here's my viewpoint of the differences and why the Palms is more expensive: The Palms is on a much nicer beach, has better verandas and better views from the rooms. The Palms has on-site staff that makes the property seem more like a hotel than a condo. The Palms is next door to Ramon's (nice for the diving and the restaurant access) and a little closer walk to town. So basically you are paying extra for location, location, location.

Hope this helps.

#96222 01/22/05 12:34 PM
S
S
We have booked the Palms in March for 2 weeks and did the same thing, looked around alot and came to the conclusion that the Palms is the one, also had 2 other couples we know her in Canada who stayed there and loved it, it seems to be a great location, we have booked a deluxe 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite on the 3 floor with a great view, can't wait.

Enjoy your trip

#96223 01/22/05 01:25 PM
Thanks Suzanne. If you decide on The Palms you won't regret spending the money. It is wonderful place. We loved our two weeks there last August. We will probably stay there again this year. Have a wonderful vacation no matter where you choose to stay. mobunny

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,035
Members20,474
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.