Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
I'm scheduled to come down to Costa Maya Reef Resort on Sept. 15th for three days of flats fishing but I'm not getting a response back from them. Does anyone know if they are up and running or did Dean close them down?

Also was the flats fishing affected by the hurricane?

Thanks

D
D
According to their website, they are open.
There is a lengthy post by them, on Costa Maya further down in forums.
Things are in pretty good shape, etc, but getting power via their generator.
All that being said, I have not gotten a reply form them either, and I have tried several times. I am oging Sept 8th and am trying to firm up all of my plans.
Who are you fishing with, do you know? I am planning on hiring a guide for a day or so when I go, I have been looking around.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Dan,

We haven't firmed up all of our plans yet so I haven't talked to a guide yet. Do you know if Costa Maya will make recommendations for guides or better yet provide them onsite?

It's a little disconcerning that they are not returning calls or emails. We need to decide today if we are cancelling and trying for somewhere in the Keys so I'm trying to find any info I can fast.

Good luck on your trip. Let me know who you use for a guide if you get a chance.

Dave

I was at Costa Maya yesterday afternoon and power had just been restored, so I'm sure you can get through now.
Yes they do suggest/book guides for you there.
The hotel was up and running and the beach bar was full of guest.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Digger and Dan, I was on AC on Sunday before the storm FLY FISHING with my son. We have taken advantage of the services of Manuel Azueta as our choice for flats fly fishing. IMHO he is truly among the very best and has great equipment. I recently received a message from his daughter who said he and his family were OK and had suffered only little wind damage. You might consider emailing or calling him to see if he is available on your travel dates. Manuel Azueta, [email protected] cell phone 011-501-604-9783. Sometimes his response to emails is a little slow but he usualy seems to be available on his cell phone.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
D
OP Offline
D
Don,

Thanks for the info...we are still planning on being there the week of Sept. 15th. I'll try to contact Manuel and see if he's available.

Dave

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.