Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Steve Cole, from the University of Arizona is here doing a study of the global warming effects to the society of our island. Steve will be here for two months, and Harriette Fisher was kind enough to offer him a much discounted apartment to stay in while here. Thank you, Harriette.

Steve reported that NOA is sponsoring this study, and will be hosting a conference in Belize City on the effects throughout Belize on Nov. 28th at the Radisson. Steve also reported that two others researchers will be assigned, each in Placencia and Punta Gorda.

Welcome Steve!

R
R
Sounds like Govt Fraud Waste and Abuse (FWA) to me. I think it is just a way to get a 2 month vacation.

K
K
I have noticed that the ice in my glass has been melting quicker.

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
I wish I had a paying position like that! Good luck Steve, say do you need an assistant, er maybe someone to carry equipment? smile

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
What a welcoming committee! Good luck Steve...enjoy your work here.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I did a study. I'm 14' above sea level. that means if Gore is right about the 20'rise I'll be 6 feet under by then. smirk

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
T
T

Is it just me or does anyone realize our history keeps repeating our stupid statements?

I remember in 1976 that Hawaii was suppose to be completely under water by the year 2000....Does anyone remember that? Oddly enough the island has mor land mass now than the time of that prediction.

How about in 1970 it was stated that by the year 2000 there would be less than one square foot of land for each person. We would have to stand while sleeping.

Some people just need to get attention, I just wish they would quit giving some of our Preachers so much to work with. It's not fair to keep getting their hopes up for Armageddon and then it does'nt happen.

Elbert, I guess we better stock up on scuba tanks so that we can get around in our homes......

My opinion for the sake of factual humor.... Please take it easy on me if you got your beer watered down over these statements...

Maybe the growing number of tourists is affecting things more. Just a thought, they do sweat a lot.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I met Steve at the Bacalar Chico meeting he was very nice.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

I,ve been desensitized by doomsday dead lines being broken over my life time.
I'm not at all disappointed , just hard to get concerned at this juncture.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,036
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.