Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#23621 07/16/00 01:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Was not impressed with the Palms. The bed in the living room was broke. Had to sleep on the floor with the matress because of the bed saging and the bars hitting you back. We stayed there 1 night. Stayed at the Myan Princess 2 nights. Very pleased with them. Helpful and maid service everyday. Would get anyting you needed. Would stay there again when we go back! Looks just like the picture on the site. Rooms very clean and have everything you need!!!

#23622 07/16/00 10:35 AM
R
R
Your comment is disapponting as my wife and I are booked to spend next week at The Palms. I hope your comments represent an isolated experience because all other postings about The Palms have been very favorable. I understand that The Palms has daily room service and is well maintained. Yadi has been very responsive to several request that I made and seems to want to help make this a memorable trip. Other then the problem with the sleeper sofa (of which I have never met a comfortable one) were there any other problems?

#23623 07/16/00 11:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
No there was not any other problems. They did give us 1 bag of ice to get started on and they also do the dishes for you! If you need any groceries go north to what is called Island store. It's not anywhere on anything that we saw before we left on the web site. It's the best store on the Island. They have just about everything you will need. Kinda like the States! Milk (boxed) cold is pretty good. Cereal, breads, fruit, canned and fresh, medicine, canned fruits and veg., hamburger, steaks, liquor, cheese, butter, you name it they probably got it. Go across the street and get any soda, water or beer you will need. It's a lot cheaper at the Distribution Center than at the stores.Just go in the Office door when you get there. There ar big signs out front with COKE, FANTA, BLINIKI BEER. Buy it by the case and return the crates. It was great for us becuse we were sailing for 10 days. Big cost difference. Tucan shop was one of the best shops to buy stuff at. The Palms do have a pretty good beach in back and the back proch is big for just sitting and watching everything. Do remember that when you look at the ambergris cay map of the town, everything is not spaced out like it may seem. Everything is right next to the next thing. Building to building. Go to the Chicken drop on Wed. night. That was so much fun. It's at the Spindrift Hotel.6:00 pm $1. BZ for a chip and you can play as many time as you want. We were there and they played until the people were done.We left after the 2nd one. They have 100 squares and when the chips are gone you have to wait until the next game. We ate at Fido's 2 nights. Very good we thought. Had a waiter names Dean. Very good. Try to ask for him. Tell him the people with the little boy (Zack) from the states that were recommended him. There is so much to do. Be sure to go along side of the beach and look at the gifts that people sell expecially wood carvings before buying from the streets. They have very nice workmanship. Jewerly, paintings, ect... They also have a playground in front of the beach for the kids (if you are taking any) which was nice for the kids. I think you will enjoy yourself, but for the money I would stay at Mayan Princess over the Palms. Just as nice (may be just a little smaller) but you get a hammock and more privacy on your back balcony. Check it out when you get there! I hope that this sofa bed was just our case ad the rest are good, but it was a bad night for us. At the Mayan Princess the sofa beds were new and didn't have any problems, and they are closer to everything in town. You will just have to walk a little father from the Palms, but the beach walk is the way to go!! Have a good time, and don't let our experience get you down. Your's probably will be better!!! Have FUN!!! It goes fast!

#23624 07/16/00 10:59 PM
R
R
Brandy,Thanks for all the info. Will let Dean know you and Zack said hello and bring a message back when we return. Glad your trip turned out so well and will let you know what we discover as it seems most people return to AC. Take Care.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 195 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.