Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76209 11/15/03 10:48 PM
D
divedoc Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Planning trip in Dec to "The Island" will be staying at The Palms-- does anyone know anything about it --would appreciate any input. Also, interested in Ramons...any info re diving ? Family is a bit jittery re: flight from Belize City and safty ( crime ) on the island. Sure could use some help with reassurance. Your messages have really helped with our planning. Looking forward to a good dive trip. Thanks.

#76210 11/16/03 12:36 AM
L
L
Both the Palms and Ramon's are good choices. Both have pools but Ramon's is more of a party place than the Palms. Depends on what you are looking for. Both are very convenient to town as well. Ramons has a dive shop, but finding a good dive operation is not a problem. As far as crime , your family should not be overly concerned. San Pedro is very safe, but like anyplace in the world exercise common sense with valuables in your room or walking around late at night alone. Think you will find it to be a relaxing and friendly island. The San Pedrano makes tourists feel very welcome on their island. Have a wonderful vacation.

R.B. Mernitz
#76211 11/16/03 01:39 AM
The Palms is really nice and you are going to like the location. We are staying there again in January. It is right next to Ramons and you can hang out there if you want. I found Ambergris Caye is one of the most friendly places I have been to in the world. Hope you find it the same.

#76212 11/16/03 07:44 AM
N
N
Have stayed at the Palms twice and found it very comfortable, well lcated and with a nice pool at the back.

The flight from belize city to the island is absolutely a HIGHTLIGHT! Don't worry about it - look forward to it -it always sets me tingling as you watch the sea below and then the white line of the waves on the reef comes into view and then you are over the island and landing - great experience!!

Had no problem with crime whenever we have been there

Enjoy!
Nick

#76213 11/16/03 08:36 AM
The Palms looks very nice, I think you will like it there, and I have read nothing but good things about it on the board. I agree with Nick, the plane ride over is something to look forward to, do it once and you will be happy to do it again. Amazing views! Enjoy your holiday smile

#76214 11/16/03 08:48 AM
KBG Offline
HELLO bama
from just down the road 80 miles south on I85, just got back from San Pedro this week. As far as this thread no crime on SP to speak of and very friendly people and the flight from Belize City is a real joy. Go soon and enjoy. KBG laugh wink :p

#76215 11/16/03 05:53 PM
I have stayed at both places many times. Ramon's has more activities, the palupas are cool, pool is great and the bar is fun. The Palms is quiet and homey...try to get a beachfront apartment if available. Either way, you can't go wrong with either place. San Pedro is safe and clean and a great place for the family! ENJOY...I am jealous!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,031
Members20,471
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.