Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76980 12/09/03 10:00 AM
R
OP Offline
R
im headed to Belize next week on cruise, and trying to decide which place to go to....ive been to caye caulker once before....how different is san pedro?...im assuming the beaches would be very similar...is san pedro ALOT busier and more built up?...i just want to take a snorkeling tour out from the island and then hang around some...any ideas?

E
E
Stay on the boat.

The islands are very different. Ambergris Caye is about five times larger and has eight to ten times the population. The beaches are much better and much more extensive on Ambergris. While San Pedro is more built up than Caulker village, there are parts of Ambergris that are undeveloped ... and because so much of Caulker's development is in one small area, in some ways Ambergris Caye feels less jammed up and developed.

The advantage to Caulker on a cruise ship visit is that it's less than 45 minutes away by water taxi whereas San Pedro is about 75 minutes. Of course you could fly (US$26 one-way from municipal to either island) and be in San Pedro in 20 minutes or so.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
C
C
Apologies for immissings behavior. He's an a__h___ from Texas with nothig worthwhile to say. Ignore him.

clearly, and "here the missing" letters -ss-ole.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
E
E
chismera, I will be down shortly and would love to meet you.

Why, another invisable threat? It's not MQQSE this time. Stop and think, then post. I just did.

C
C
immissing: Everytime you're down here I run into you. Then I go home and take a shower.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.