Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
EricL Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I've had the dream of living island style for over 10 years. Both my daughters will be graduating college over the next year. It's time for my dream. I have 15 years experience of maintenance and construction. My resume includes 5 years Project Coordinator for a redevolpment company that handled 500+ apartments at one time. In addition, I have 10 years of self employment in the remodeling/construction field. ANY information I can receive to make my goal become reality would be appreciated. Eric

You and a million other people. Sorry Eric.
Construction in Belize and in the US are very different. You'd probably do better on the mainland. I think construction companies are pretty well sewed up on the island. I wouldn't advise trying to be competition for the life-long established local companies. They are good and they know what they are doing.

Peter?...no input here? smile
Amanda? Help the guy out..LOL

A
A
Plus they just laid off half the island. Slow.

It is true that all business is terribly slow at the moment. But the island can always use a good contractor. The good ones are in high demand and folks are still building, remodeling, demolishing etc.

This will certainly be a rough year for many people and some adjustments in salaries and rates will probably be in order.

However, once a fellow has seen his daughters both graduate from college I for one believe he should give HIS dream a shot.

This is all about expectations. If EricL has a little savings and wants to work to keep busy - no problem. If EricL needs to make a living in order to survive - well, now might not be the best time to start on this new venture.

P
P
Yes, but that would be just as true in (say) the US as here.

Does anyone know of people who specifically do house inspections in SP? I have not heard of anyone and that might provide someone with that field of expertise an avenue for income here - probably not to live on though . . .

Keepin'ItReel FishingTours&More AlbertoTrejo 6255373
6709986 reelitinbelize@yahoo.com
B
B
I have been doing house/condo inspections for various realtors for over ten years now. I would be happy to oblige anyone that needs one.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 217 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.