|Some of last year's entries!!|
The San Pedro Sun takes pride in announcing its Take your BEST shot competition. What started in 2007, has turned into an annual event wherein Belize is celebrated. It is a photography competition with all images being captured within Belize’s boundaries. Belize has been categorized for years as Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret. Whether it is our lush forests, the crystalline azure waters or a smiling face, many are the unbelievable images captured through the lens of a camera. And, if it was you that captured the image then you have the opportunity to participate in the Take your BEST shot competition.
Entries are welcome from everyone and pictures need to be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Nature/Green – pictures of Belize gorgeous flora, fauna, landscapes, seascapes, etc.
- Funny – Of course there are those pictures that bring that smile to your face
- People/culture – pictures of Belize’s melting cultural pot and/or that depicts the culture in our country
- Action – capturing a moment while in movement
- Best photo shop – photographs which have been digitally altered
Many will be the prizes including photo prints and other surprises. Deadline for submission is November 20th. Announcement of winners will take place on November 26th. Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, send us a printed copy through our ‘snail’ mail address at P.O. Box 35, San Pedro Town, Belize or drop it off at our office located on Barrier Reef Drive (across Holiday Hotel).
Rules: Amateur photographers only. The entry photograph has to be a shot taken within the Belizean boundaries. When submitting you MUST tell us where the photograph was taken. Enter as many pictures as you want. Employees and family members of The San Pedro Sun are not eligible to participate.