Originally Posted by Shyboy
...Bear; my thought was exactly that: just slow down or reverse the meter... Looks like that won't work until BEL allows it...

Shy, I'm not immediately convinced thats the case. I'm not looking to reverse the meter simply provide another source of juice after the meter but before the main breaker. It may be that the surplus doesn't reverse the meter, but it may be that one is not using as much metered juice. I guess the question that remains is: Is such a hook up allowed, or do they even know or care? If they're being paid for metered use why would they? Don't answer that!! lol I know..its Belize...

Assuming you're putting a battery system in to provide power during an outage (as opposed to coming off grid entirely) you'll still be plugging in after the meter and before your main. The application I'm interested in seems to be a common application in CA. I have a friend who does solar installations all over the state. I'll give him a call and ask how this works rather than barrage Captone Iron with emails. Its easier to talk than type, well for me anyway. I also certainly appreciate Pagan(Dave)'s input, the information about importation duties was an eye-opener. I'll be looking into that as well.

All this is still subject to the base decision about such an investment like when my roof top is subject to hurricane force winds.

CaptOneIron, thanks I'll check those systems out and again thanks for the clarification on terminology. I've got your email and look forward to corresponding once I get some more background.