Cheri: for God's sake, you owe it to your sport, get on the phone ASAP and contact USA Gymnastics, Intenational Gymnastics Federation, International Olympic Committee and save them the further embarassment of continuing to have the trampoline event in their competitions. I would do it myself, but I think it needs to come from a former great gymnast and coach like you. They probably would just hang up on me, not even taking the time to tell me how stupid and uninformed they thought I was.

My personal opinion is, she is definately worth meeting. I am sure she would enjoy meeting you and exchanging autographs.

The History of Trampoline & Tumbling Gymnastics

Trampoline became a competitive event in 1936. From 1947 through 1964, trampolining was included as an event in gymnastics competitions by both the AAU and NCAA. The first trampoline World Championships were held in 1964, and trampoline was first recognized as a sport in its own right in the United States in 1967. Trampoline made its debut as an Olympic sport at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.

[This message has been edited by bywarren (edited 08-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by bywarren (edited 08-20-2002).]