I believe that "occupational therapy" is a term of art used by physical therapists who specialize in training disabled people to perform activities of daily living, using physical therapy and related disciplines and assistive devices.
For an infant who is not going to be performing ADL's on his own for awhile anyway (because he is an infant), I believe that what you need is a physical therapist who has been trained in patterning and knows how to do it and also how to train the parents, because they will be doing a lot of the therapy themselves.
Also, the "occupational therapy" designation may not be known in Belize by that term even by people who do perform that type of therapy.
The physician who is in charge of this child's care should be providing resources to the parents for all the different types of post-surgery therapy he needs. If he is not doing that, he is not doing his job. I am glad to hear that the parents are getting further help in the US and I hope they are able to successfully navigate the insurance maze.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]