Doggie, chill on this one. Didn't you ever send out 100 resumes, only to be surprised when one picked you up. It's all about info and adventure here, let's not get cranky. That's why they are writing, to learn.

Jsk, I love Indian food (I'm Irish) but have not seen it in Belize, it might be there, but not to my knowledge. The closest is a Sri Lankan place in San Ignacio, but that is not going to help you finding the food you want to provision yourselves with. So, bring what you wish, and keep checking on this board. Someone else may be more knowledgeable. There are a lot of Lebanese folk in AC, so you can get some of the same items, but not all you will wish. There is a lady on Caye Caulker, Maralyn, at Rasta Pasta, neat lady, she has a bunch of spices she sells, called Genesis in the Jungle. It is excellent, in a pinch you could use that, but better bring your own. Other than that, you can get what you need, my guess is, you can probably find whatever you need in Belize City, but that is only a guess. Put something on that site to ask. AC is is very, very, VERY safe. You will feel fine there. Re lodgings, I've heard of them as low as $500US, might be lower if you check around, or a whole heck of lot higher if you like "top end". If I might make a suggestion, just move into a hotel at first, then look around, then decide. Re pastimes...walking and water sports are pretty much it, but very delightful, not to mention, waking up in the morning to just see the sun rise over the reef. Ahhh! I hope you will have a very wonderful time there. It's a wonderful place. The whole history of Belize is one culture after another adding their touch!Maybe you and your wife should open a restaurant as a side business, Yum! I'll be happy! Have fun