Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105934 07/11/05 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I have just spoken with a most unhappy visitor to Belize and San Pedro. He last came from his home in Guatemala to SP 12 years ago, and this time came up in his own boat. Today he took his family in their boat to snorkel at Hol Chen, and when the warden came over offered to pay the requisite fees. The warden simply said he didn't have any tickets and they would have to move on. They argued very politely with him, but to no avail, and the warden became "quite unfriendly". They abandoned their visit and instead went to Caye Caulker for the day.

I can relate several other brushes with unhelpful and unfriendly officials in a range of capacities, all of them in the past few days and all involving foreign visitors who were simply trying to do things "right". What's going on? Is there a new official policy in Belize to be as rude and uncooperative as possible and persuade visitors to go elsewhere?

#105935 07/12/05 03:46 AM
Hmm, well, let's see. Higher hotel taxes, increase in land transfer for non-Belizeans, restricting visitors to the reef.....I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Change your Latitude

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.