Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
We have a 30 minute layover in Houston - will we make it?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
same carrier? never been a problem for me.

Assuming, of course, your arriving flight is reasonably on time.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
We have been through Houston 4 times and usually have 1 to 1 1/2 hours and never had any problems. Just 18 more sleeps to AC againn.

same carrier

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
B
B
Another thing to consider is if you need to change terminals. I have found it can take a long time to go from one terminal to another. That underground "train" can be painfully slow when you're in a hurry. The last time I went through Houston (almost 2 years ago), there was alot of construction and the only way to get to the other terminals was by that train. Plus, you probably will have to go through a security checkpoint.

When you return, remember you also have to clear customs and claim your luggage.

We didn't make our connection but we tried. Had to run like a bat outta heeel to TACA...to find we had "just" missed our flight. Overnighted and hated it. Lost $$ on our reservation....blah blah...

Yes, that was one slooow train...I agree!
We try to avoid Houston.

For some reason AA connected us with TACA...odd!

We have decided the "free" seats from our mileage are not "free." Too much time was wasted in Houston.

We had free seats on American when we came down in Nov. and our transfer was at Dallas FortWorth, A great and easy airport to go through.
Jim

reds-place.com
That is odd NYgal. I try to avoid Houston too. It can be a long way between gates. We booked free AA seats for Nov way way in advance. Went from Austin to DFW and we got a free 1st class upgrade to BZE. Coach was full and no one was in 1st. Told the gate agent it was my b-day and my wife needed the room to stretch her injured knee. Despite what they tell you gate/ticket agents can do anything including upgrading a free ticket. My motto is it never hurts to ask.

spl,
"After you go through customs it is always waiting for you right there."

I think you mean before you go through customs, yes?
Another option for the lost luggage possibility: I carry on a day's worth of clothes, my meds, passport,etc and MY SNORKEL GEAR and SWIMSUIT. So if checked luggage is delayed, I can still go snorkeling : )

Razorfish....that was the last plane leaving for Belize that day from that airport frown
That was 3+ years ago.

Believe me we used every method. I guess it depends on who you get at the keyboard in the terminal or on the phone when making the communication for an airline.

Last year we had to overnight in Miami on the way home. Waste of time.....
But this year...ZOOM...hopefully laugh

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.