Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Originally posted by NYgal:
Does this mean we will know for sure?
Will it be perfected after your trip?
Sorry....we all have our own agenda's and since this one fits you doesn't mean it fits all of us too.
Thank your mother for the information smile
What does this mean? Who are you talking to?

OPINIONS PEOPLE!

By the way, the airport in Houston is HUGE as is other airlines' major hubs. You should expect delays or the unusual when traveling to a big airport such as IAH and Newark, NJ.

Originally posted by collyk:
Kra-Z-K I am delighted that your experiences have been better than our own and thank you for all of the information about the way the airlines operate. I hope you have another pleasant journey.
Collyk, I appreciate your wishes for a pleasant journey, thank you. It was indeed a very pleasant trip. Customs this time was even faster than usual for me in Houston. I thought of you when I went through actually! It took 5 min to get through to get my stamp, 10 min to get luggage, and no line at all to go through and turn in the customs form. Grand total less than 20 min With plenty of time to spare at the gate to wait for the next flight. I had 1 hr and 10 min layover this time. Maybe I am a lucky traveler?? This is round 10 To/From Belize.

I wish you a pleasant trip without inconviences on your next BZ trip. Take Care.

Sometimes it just the luck of the draw. I have flown in and out of IAH(Houston)all my life and have rarely experienced any problems. You do need to allow enough time if you are connecting from one terminal to the next as the airport train can take a while. This is a very spread out airport and they just added another terminal last summer.

There is an element of luck of the draw for sure, but I have spoken to three other people who have travelled to Belize via Houston in the last year including clients of mine who arrived a few days ago. All have had similar difficulties to our own. I am sure that huge numbers of people have an easy journey, but having travelled to the USA annually for 20 years and to other countries in the world frequently, I can only say that my experience at Houston was extremely poor both times. Just sharing as this is a forum in which people share their knowledge and experience about visiting Ambergris Caye.

A moot (sorry just wanted an excuse to say moot) point, but I did not exaggerate the difficulties we had (nor the number of overbooked seats as this was the figure given to us by Continental). The immigration queue was so long for us at Houston that a desperate Continental employee (bless her for trying at least) tried to get me a wheelchair - at her suggestion - to pretend I was disabled so that she could get us through more quickly. In the end she did manage to get us rushed through immigration without the wheelchair but once we got to baggage that is where they tried to tell us that the flight boarding was closed. On our last trip, as we believed them when they told us this, we ended up staying the night - we later discovered that the flight had been delayed and boarding had not stopped on that flight either.

As far as our stuff going missing at Houston, so far Continental are saying that it was the responsibility of Customs there. Who knows.

Ah- one other thing. It probably is quicker if you have a USA passport. Those queues only took minutes while we were waiting. Ours took hours.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

It does take longer for an Int'l pax to jump thru all the hoops, incl the luggage. But once you're inside the US "Bubble" all is fine. Checked bags on departing US flights will be handled straight thru to destination ONCE you are inside the "bubble". One OF Colly's problems was she ,as I understand it, came into IAH directly from outside the US and was therefore outside the "bubble". Had she landed in EWR, for example, and cleared there, sho would have had no trouble at all in connecting to BZE from IAH.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
ya, what he said laugh

sumbudy stole my ID

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
hoo wink

Any problems with and/or accolades for the fairly new (since Dec. 15)daily flight on Delta from Atlanta to Belize and/or back? I want to be prepared. 32 more sleeps!
It's 23 degrees outside. I need summer weather!!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,033
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.