Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#124211 06/23/06 06:19 PM
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
I was ill today so I went to buy some chicken soup and met up with the vet and her boyfriend -both of them are really good people-they told me they were running their business at a small profit-great news-they also said that Saga were trying to build the animal shelter.
I asked what happened to the publication of Sagas accounts and what actually happens to monies raised-they told me they are not privy to this info,and have no idea how much money is available -all they get is money from the commitee for spaying and neutering of strays-this seems strange to me that the most important animal person on the island is not involved in major decisions-no doubt I will be slammed on this

#124212 06/23/06 06:45 PM
Just how will a private shelter exsist on the isle. Are you talking private boarding or competion with SAGA. Don't see how competion with SAGA will work. Who is going to payfor the snip work and care of strays?

#124213 06/23/06 08:50 PM
I would echo Pedro's concerns. Obviously when a vet is employed to run an animal welfare centre and clinic, they are employed because of their expertise. They should always be consulted in every aspect of animal shelter policy and management.

I also know the vet at SAGA. She is excellent and I hope the community support her commitment to SAGA and the animals of San Pedro. She is a great asset to the island and I am certainly glad she is here.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

#124214 06/23/06 09:55 PM
Peter you have done good deeds on the isle but is this just another stap at Simon? If so give it a break and make it good.

#124215 06/24/06 12:28 AM
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Simon promised the board accounts over six months ago-no this post was not against Simon but,now you mention it,it would be nice for him to follow up what he said he would do all those months ago

#124216 06/24/06 01:22 AM
Y
Y
I talked to Heather many times last spring, after finishing school and before she started at SAGA. We havn't talked recently, but as I understood it, she is employed by SAGA to work at the clinic. I'm sure Simon will correct me if I'm wrong. She replaced the weekly visits of Dr. Sheila. If Heather said they were running at a small profit, I'm sure it means that the Clinic part of SAGA is carrying its own weight and even generating a profit. I think its fantastic. I'm sure Heather has a great deal of say with regard to what happens at the clinic itself, and this is why they are now generating a profit. As far as the bigger picture of SAGA and its financial reserves, this is the concern of the SAGA Boardmembers. If they build a new shelter with their fundraising activities, I'm sure it will be well integrated with the Veterinary Clinic. Dr. Ken (yakivet)

#124217 06/24/06 05:41 AM
S
sdh Offline
S
I thinh Heather is doing a fantastic job - It seems like the clinic has grown from Sheila's wekly visit to a daily busy practice.
Has anyone been to the animal shelter at the back during the recent rain? I would say it needs some attention, perhaps we could all assist in doing some improvements.

#124218 06/24/06 06:30 AM
S
S
I would like to voice my personal support for Dr. Heather Stewart and staff. We visited the island from June 8 - 15. During that time I had the pleasure of meeting and adopting Cosita, a part chihuahua who looks like a pocket-size yellow lab. She is just
"a little thing" but she has a huge personality. Dr. Heather and staff were wonderful, supportive and professional and working hard in spite of the floods. Cosita is adapting wonderfully and enjoying the "cold" weather in Pennsylvania. (Thanks also to Kathy at Pampered Paws and SimonB for helpful consultations and encouragement.) I plan a trip report as soon as I recover from missing AC.

#124219 06/24/06 08:01 AM
Pedro not to cause crap ,now the you mention it I have donated in the last year or so over $1500..to saga, and never got even a thank you. knowing the money went for some good ,is thank you enough ???..but a thank you capt jeff letter would have been nice bonus..I know saga does much needed work on the island and could use lots of volunteers..but I help with $$ money and not time!!!Money I have ! but I have no time to help wish i did ..And I will be very happy to send lots more money to make things better for the island animals.but ask only a little accountability please . Trust will go a long way in the future..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#124220 06/24/06 08:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Peter, I applaud your willingness to see the vet when you are feeling ill. smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.