Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
We have not been able to contact Oscar Gutierrez (teacher at High School in Independence) or his sister Armede Leslie (teacher at Primary School). Are concerned about them and their extended families and any way we can help them. I have tried calling Armede but the lines must not be working. I would appreciate any word on them. Thanks!

Have been in contact with my family and friends everyday in Indepedence. Evidently part of town has phone lines and some do not.
Villages are without electricity and the word is at least a month till power is restored. Water is available but only for one to two hours a day. The high school lost its roof as well as one of the primary schools lost its roof. Roof damage in the village is estimated at 90%.
No fatalities or injuries were reported for any of the local population so I am assuming your people are fine. Hope this helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 147 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.