Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
you'll have more than enough time to get to the terminal... my friends flight landed in Belize City at around 2:30 we went to catch the water taxi for 4:30 and we still had time to get something to eat and relax until the departure time!

The water taxi was great, i loved it and definatly can't complain about it! We each had 2 pieces of luggage that were extermely over weight and we were worried that there would be no room for it but there was more than enough room... Apparently some ppl bring live stock on those boats, well so i've been told!

haha so true jaime

~* Kerri *~
Why is it that the water taxis stop at 4:30? The two flights we're deciding between (United 4353 and Continental 1628) both arrive between 4 and 4:30. Not enough time to do everything and catch a taxi to the marina by 4:30. By the looks of things, there are a number of flights being added between the US and B. City. Any suggestions? (Besides flying; need to get that "blown back" feeling to kick it all off...)

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
they shut down the water taxi, well can assume why, b/c it gets dark so quickly! they do have a ferry that runs back and forth until later in the evening but it takes about 3 hours (or so i've been told)...
So really you got some options: ferry, fly or wait the next day for the water taxi!

I'm sure you can find more info about the ferry on this site...

Thanks ida - will try the ferry route.

P
P
A Ferry that runs back and forth after 4:30pm that takes 3 hours. Where does this info come from. Be careful if planning around this as I am not sure it exists.

The only options I know of for Intl. flights arriving that late are to stay in the City and Water Taxi in the morning, or fly that evening on either Tropic or Maya. Also, contrary to all the info above, we have had guests miss the last Water Taxi after a prompt 2:35pm arrival at Intl. An hour is a reasonable time to clear the airport - from landing to getting in the taxi - and the drive can account for half an hour to the Swing Bridge, which leaves a 30 minute window for error - not much if you consider things like Intl. flight delays, late baggage, customs queue, no taxi, heavy traffic.

I hear ya - mr. nuts and I decided to fly - get a Belikin in our fists a little quicker that way! wink

M
M
Take the plane, It's faster, it's beautiful, it's more comfortable and it is just as safe.

C
C
I'm with Larry, the plane is the way to go.

http://www.mayaislandair.com/

http://www.tropicair.com/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,037
Members20,476
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.