Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hi rickcheri, haven't read converstion with God...but have read many many other books and have done research...have studied and have hence gathered knowledge.....and true by being quite and listening to the voice within...your own knowledge comes to you...the knowledge you were born with...waiting for you to listen.

mosquito

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 09-17-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
T
T&B Offline
T
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending
spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead
of diminishing evil, it multiplies it... Through violence you
may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact,
violence merely increases hate.... Returning violence for
violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a
night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out hate;
only love can do that."
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

RickCheri,
I have read conversations with God. EXCELLENT!!!! Reread them. Worth the read. I happen to agree with my friend Jane, you and also MR. Yes, there are those who will pelt us over not beliving in organized religion. Jane is familiar with my thoughts on this...... I too have researched. For years I researched. I was sickened and saddened by what I found. I too stick to what is in my heart. I listen to what God tells me, not some hypocritical person from the church. I don't want anyone elses interpretation of scripture. It was meant for me. Not a committee. I'm educated and I can read perfectly well. The power of discernment is a gift given by God to be used by each and every one of us. Jane your sweet child is wise beyond his years. God DOES live in our hearts, and you must "Be still and know that I am God."
Debbie

We can philosophy and justify until doomsday and it wont' fix anything. Lets go back to survival of the fittest. You have only to look at the animal kingdom to understand the gist of it. Yes hatred is weak��. Liken it to weak animals that are devoured by the fit and strong. If the weak and sick animals are allowed to remain �they will infect and eventually destroy the healthy and strong. Now you wouldn't consider that normal would you? These are things that nature teaches us�or you could say that God is in control of that. Now lets go back to humans�what's the difference? Martin LK was preaching about racial issues�..And that statement belongs in that context. The terrorists are a sick and demented people�full of hatred for the free world�which they have now attacked. What must we do? Allow this sick pestilence to continue to spread among the healthy and joyful people of the world? No, this plague must be wiped off the face of earth�. Never to return. I know in our hearts and souls we have compassion mercy and love�and somewhere it is said love thy neighbor as thyself. I am so sure it meant thy good neighbor. Lol ��..Like the healthy, fit and freedom loving people that we are�we will come together and rid the world of this slime from the bowels of hell. Remember together, we must stand united, to be strong. There is no hatred in anything I have just said�. Only truth and vision. We must all do our part in striving to keep this world a better place, for the generations to come.

Debbie, I admire anyone who seeks the truth for themselves, and is not content to be led to the slaughter. To live life you must participate in it and be a power within yourself. Seek and you shall find...there is so much to find....

Mosquitorose

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 09-18-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
Debbie....have you read the whole series....last one, i believe, is "Communion With God"?...you should try some of Doreen Virtue's "Divine Guidance".....lots of insight there!!! One Love! C

rickcheri,
YUP, I read the whole series. It's in my library, along with hundreds of other books on comparitive religion, new age thought,prophets, gnostic ideas, lost (hidden) books of the bible, the Dead Sea scrolls, history from all angles, etc., etc., etc. It's been an ongoing research for 17 years now. I read EVERYTHING, and decide for myself. That way I can leave the "politics" out of it. I am a MUCH happier, more well rounded and a more "spiritual" person as a result. I am closer to GOD than ever, and more convinced He resides in everything, everywhere. I have to say, the first years were agonizing as I went through the process of tearing away all the dogma and crap I was imersed in as a child. But as I said above, the power of discernment was a gift we were INTENDED to use.
Debbie

Debbie..........."discernment"...has been totally in and on my mind in these trying times. Discernment is key now.

Dare To Deviate
Debbie........"discernment"....has totally consumed my heart and mind.

Dare To Deviate
Peace to you, Chloe.....
I'll be thinking of you. Keep focused, and take a little time to count your blessings......
Debbie

L
L
Hey Sand, your posts are getting what we all call "yanked". C YA.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,205
Posts500,032
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.