Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I hate to be a spoilsport and get serious, but I need to know - what's the water (sea) temperature? Is it warm enough for just a lycra skin for a fat lady? I don't want to pack more than I need - and I leave right after work tomorrow night - and NO - I have not started packing.
Will have 3 nights on Black Bird Caye, 1 night in the jungle - THEN - AT LAST - A/C on Sunday.
I've penciled in ChooChoo for BBQ on Thursday. Anyone else going to be around?
Harriette

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
F
F
I'll be fishing off the dock over that way look me up.

forick

Hey Scubaldy!! How ya doin'?

I don't know how quickly you get cold but I do know that when I'm diving more than one or two days, I need a 3 mil even if the water is 84 F.

And I don't know for sure what the water temp is right now, however, the water in Belize is usually 81-82 or lower.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Hey Harriett,
What kind of perks did you negotiate with AA for your worldwind tour to get to BZE? They've just cancelled a flight of mine for next month for a third time. I finally gave up and am staying in Dallas on the return to CA.

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
KC Offline
Harriette,
I will be there on Saturday, 11/24. Perhaps we will meet? Where are you staying?

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
OP Offline
Thanks for the response.
fordick - what dock will you be fishing? Black Bird or San Pedro? I don't think you meant up in the jungle.
Gela - I started to answer you here and then got wordy so started a new thread.
KC - I take it you are arriving on A/C on the 24th and staying awhile. I will be arriving on Sunday the 25th and will be staying with Anta - the owner of Belize Underwater Video. I'll be diving with Ched Cabral. So leave a message either place and we can hook up.
Harriette

Harriette
We were there 11/3-11/10, right after Hurricane Michelle blew past. Our dive computers said the water was 82-84 degrees. <sigh> It was lovely. That having been said, I wore a 3ml. By the time you're on your 3rd dive of the day (or a wus like me) you get chilly anyway. Beats the heck out of the wet northwest now, where the temp is about 40 degrees colder than the ocean near Belize!

KC Offline
Harriette, Yes, I will be there on the 24th, and staying until 12/6. I will see if I can find you.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
OP Offline
I"M HERE!
The water temp is 82 and I dove 3 dives a day for two days at Blackbird with just my swim suit. However, I left my swim suit at the Royal Mayan lodge so today I had to dive
- you got ahead of me there - with shorts and shirt. Water has turned coppy but still nice. Vis is way down.
Harriette

Harriette

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 199 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.