Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
There is usually a house or two for rent in Consejo Shores (www.consejoshores.com). Consejo is just north of Corozal. The water is not clear like the Cayes because of nearby rivers and you can't snorkel but its great for swimming and there are some small beaches in front of a couple of now defunct hotels. The houses usually rent for just a few hundred bucks a month and most of them are very nice substantial houses. The developer will know what's for rent even if there's nothing listed for rent on the web site. As Lan says, its very convenient to everything and very peaceful and quiet. You might want to contact Crystal Car Rentals and arrange to rent an older car on a long term basis as there is no public transportation to and from Consejo. Weather is great there too.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
Agree with Corozal. Cooler, cheaper and close to the border for those nice day trips to Mexico for shopping.

Art supplies? Virtually nonexistant. I brought a year's worth of supplies in a big big suitcase and paid some duty coming in over my limit. Chetumal and Cancun have art supply stores. IN Belize City Angelus Press, and National Printers offer limited supplies, Simon Quan is where the artists buy their canvas. The quality of the supplies is what could be considered "student grade" not the best quality. Cancun is 5-1/2 hours from Chetumal.
--Silk
www.caribbean-colors.com

W
Woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thank you Silk. You just saved me a big future headache. Looks like most of my clothes aren't going to make it to Belize now, and I'm off to the art store to stock up. I love new art supplies anyway. With each new tube of paint there's hope.

C
C
If your so inclined to say where your from. I have a couple of ideas for your means of traveling. I too have a dog,scuba equip., "girlfriend", and all my tools and other supplies i plan to bring. I have a few ideas on how i' going to get to cc but tell me if you would like to talk and i'll fill you on some ideas. I was planning on starting my expanding bus. there and I want a different more layed back life style. NO more nyc fast paced lives that most americans go through. 9-5 awh never again. You moght be intrested in spliting costs, traveling together, I'm also sending a ship container to belize with all my personal stuff drop me a line...

W
Woz Offline OP
OP Offline
W
CAPT RON
Assuming you're the one planning on sailng to Belize. Wow, what a great plan. If I didn't have a huge dog that is often referd to as a horse, and is absolutly terrified of water, I'd be there swabing the decks and hoisting the sails, or what ever it is sailors do, in a second. But I do.
I'm going take 5 or 6 months camping my way from LA through Mexico.
I am curious about your plans. I'm sure that if you post some messages on this board you'll eventualy find someone to travel with, plus a fan club of people that would love to hear of your travels.

C
C
Well yeah i've found plenty of people willing and wanting to come on my venture but it's tough to find the commited. I'm doing the sailing and actually found a business venture too that i'm starting there. I'm prepaired to leave near the end of the month. I may not sail the first time. I want to just get there then send it down if ness. dog,scubagear, boat, stuff, etc...
I'll keep people up dated the biggest thing is that i want to gain some vauable friendshipt to start my little haven with bar, and the whole gig.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,472
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.